Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is ohanas at the polynesian any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any opinions on ohanas? Ive heard that its great but then seen other people saying not worth the money??

Can we see the fireworks from there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first night at Disney always starts there The food is good, the servers are wonderful, and they never ever rush you to hurry up and finish.

The only thing I don't like about it is that since they never rush you to finish, that also means that you usually end up sitting and having to wait till a table is available. For us it's never a problem, we get drinks from the bar and just sit around and chat till it's our turn. However, if you have little ones with, all the waiting does tend to make them get a bit cranky.

Post Thanks / Like
    We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there. The servers were friendly and efficient, the food was excellent and the entertainment was good fun.
    There is a view of the Castle from many of the tables, so if you timed it right the fireworks could be seen. On the night we went the fireworks were later so we stood outside after the meal and watched them. A lovely end to the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 251302
    you usually end up sitting and having to wait till a table is available. For us it's never a problem, we get drinks from the bar and just sit around and chat till it's our turn. .
    We did have to wait 25mins for our table but the bar area is very pleasant.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not wanting to sound like a grumpy old man but I reckon that Ohana`s can be very noisy and busy, Definitely not the place to go for a quiet dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand there menu has changed recently

Post Thanks / Like
    We absolutely loved Ohanas. Loved the food - and the view of Wishes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 251309
    I`m not wanting to sound like a grumpy old man but I reckon that Ohana`s can be very noisy and busy, Definitely not the place to go for a quiet dinner.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    While I would go to Ohana if a group wanted to go, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat dinner there.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been once and I didnt like it at all. We were placed in a corner seat away from the action and then not even told about the kids' activities. Our server was poor and we were rushed like we have never been rushed before. At one stage all three courses were on the table. That is a constant complaint about Ohana's on many forums. It isnt somewhere I would return to again. I stick to Kona Cafe next door where we have always had great food and a great eating experience.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Once upon a time, long, long ago 'Ohana was a lovely, fun place to eat (as was Kona Cafe).

Now? For both food and service at both places. Don't know what has happened, could be the advent and continuation of the confounded Dining program... Whatever it is, it has really detracted from all that was once nice about either place.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast