Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Medicine names in the USA

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 251372
    n awful lt of these 'plus' meds are crazy money for what is essentially just an addition of caffeine into the tablet - have 2 paracteamol with a cup of tea and same effect , don't be drawn in by the shiny box, seriously
    I've noticed most of them have taurine in too If I don't feel well with a head ache or something painful I always take a paracetamol and a glass of hot lucozade just to give me a zap of energy
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 251380
    you can buy something called kanka gel (might of spelt it wrong) for mouth ulcers in america which is really good
    Thanks Tracey, I've heard about this!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  2. #12
    Senior Member Esmeralda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may have tried these for the excema but just in case here are my tips. Oilatum for bathing, vaseline for the lips, aqeaus (sp) cream for dry skin and even washing sore areas instead of soap. And lastly... the good old fashioned one... porridge oats in a muslin (or dry good quality new dishcloth) bag tied to the running warm tap of a shower or bath and let the milky white liquid pour onto your skin to soothe it. (right, puts witches hat back on shelf)

    There is nothing there that will hurt you, but I see Skywatcher is reading so I bow to his superior knowledge and if he disagrees with anything I have said then take HIS advice.




  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 251382
    You may have tried these for the excema but just in case here are my tips. Oilatum for bathing, vaseline for the lips, aqeaus (sp) cream for dry skin and even washing sore areas instead of soap. And lastly... the good old fashioned one... porridge oats in a muslin (or dry good quality new dishcloth) bag tied to the running warm tap of a shower or bath and let the milky white liquid pour onto your skin to soothe it. (right, puts witches hat back on shelf)

    There is nothing there that will hurt you, but I see Skywatcher is reading so I bow to his superior knowledge and if he disagrees with anything I have said then take HIS advice.
    None of the above have really worked for mine. I have a steroid cream for my body/arms etc and a weaker one for my face. I have found aloe vera gel is better than my prescribed moisturiser (double base) but I wash with E45 and the double base cream and that keeps it under control. Don't know how I will keep that routine up in Florida as it already makes me feel uncomfortable in this heat It usually clears right up on holiday, though. I would never expect Chris to give me health advice on the forum though as I know the forum is one of his few sanctuaries from work life
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Esmeralda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 251385
    None of the above have really worked for mine. I have a steroid cream for my body/arms etc and a weaker one for my face. I have found aloe vera gel is better than my prescribed moisturiser (double base) but I wash with E45 and the double base cream and that keeps it under control. Don't know how I will keep that routine up in Florida as it already makes me feel uncomfortable in this heat It usually clears right up on holiday, though. I would never expect Chris to give me health advice on the forum though as I know the forum is one of his few sanctuaries from work life
    Oh no poor you :( For some strange reason the swimming pool water (chlorine?) works a treat for my childs eczema.




  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 251386
    Oh no poor you :( For some strange reason the swimming pool water (chlorine?) works a treat for my childs eczema.
    Yup, that helps me too. I have so many random cuts and patches of redness on my arms it's unreal.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    holidays always make my skin much better! ive got exzema (sp) on my eyes at the moment, its driving me insane and the stuff you get from the dr's is so greasy!

    id take a stash with you if i were you, stuff that you know work well. its good to know whats out there though just incase you run out



  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, take what you need with and leave some at home with your mom so that she can mail it to you if you need more. Trying out new stuff away from home may be more trouble than it's worth.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's one. I really want to give my 2 children sleeping tablets. They are both horrendous flyers. My 15 year old is starting to stress at the thought of a 9 hour flight. Would my Gp prescribe a sedative or would he tell them to pull themselves together. As I have in the past but now can see it is a real problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #19
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    27,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe not a sleeping tablet proper, but maybe something to take the edge off their anxiety?

    Talk with your Doc to see what the options are.

    Anti-histamine medication is sometimes (stress on the sometimes) recommended for the rare inability to sleep in children/young adults. (Over 12 year olds).






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 251523
    Maybe not a sleeping tablet proper, but maybe something to take the edge off their anxiety?

    Talk with your Doc to see what the options are.

    Anti-histamine medication is sometimes (stress on the sometimes) recommended for the rare inability to sleep in children/young adults. (Over 12 year olds).
    Yep, I actually take 2 before I fly to help me not only with my sinus problems, but it also seems to help me not be as tense during the flight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •