Thread: longhorn v black angus v another?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have mannys chop house down to try but something closer would be longhorn or black angus. Any comments on the better of those or another one?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do enjoy Longhorn Steakhouse. I visited one in Palm Harbor and it was such an interesting place. I love a restaurant with a good environment and I loved the feel of the old western bar that Longhorn promoted.

To be honest, I had the chicken as I don't enjoy steak, however, I heard that the steak was just as good as the chicken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s another vote for the Longhorn.
    I had a great steak when we went last year and my DW [who does not eat red meat], also found a good selection on the menu to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta have a Texas Tonion! Yumm....

Tom (... well... I think they're good!)

Post Thanks / Like
    longhorn for me we eat there at least 4 times during our stay we love it. the one on us192 is good and the one near sanford airport is amazing and full of local people. you dont often get money off coupons for longhorn though but the steak there is amazing so well worth the money

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Golden Coral?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 251509
    Have you tried Golden Coral?
    Sorry, but not even close to the same class as Longhorn.

Tom (... spoiled by a really good steak!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Longhorn is now part of the Darden Chain of restaurants (Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Red Lobster...) so their quality will be relatively consistent throughout.

Having said that, there are ones that are better than the other. We like the Winter Garden Village one, but don't care for the one on 192 (east of Celebration). There is a second one west on 192. It's ok.

Relatively speaking, the further you get from the tourist areas the better the food (in nearly any restaurant).

We've not tried the Angus restaurants as none of them ever looked too clean.

Golden Corral is a budget friendly all you can eat buffet. Wouldn't put it in the same category at all with Longhorn in either, price, service or quality of food.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for the Longhorn here Their steaks are so tender and if you like chocolate then their Chocolate Stampede dessert is a must :biggrin:

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.