Thread: Best restaurants to view fireworks from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im really interested in epcot illuminations and magic kingdom wishes

ideally I'd like a place to eat and see the fireworks from

can I see them from inside the castle if I did the cinderella royal table experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    In Epcot we have found The Rose and Crown to be a very good place to watch illuminations especially if you want to eat as well. It's not very glamorous I know

You will have to make a reservation well in advance if you do decide to go there.

I haven't actually eaten anywhere and watched Wishes, I like to be close to the castle.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not found anywhere good to eat in EPCOT whilst watching the fireworks other than the rose and crown as Wendy says.

I saw them out of the windows at the nine dragons and it's ok but pretty obscured, you'd want to watch them again for sure.

Wishes, well I'm of the opinion that "you can see them anywhere in the park" is rubbish. The place to watch wishes is on main street and nowhere else. You won't see the full effect from anywhere else IMHO.

If you've done that and want a great experience at a restaurant, then you can see them from the california grill and they pipe in the music but it won't be the great effect you get from Main street.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in main street Keith?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 251809
    Where in main street Keith?
    IMHO anywhere other than too close to the castle or behind the christmas tree if it's there

From the train station is always quite nice but honestly the effects are properly visible from all up/down main street

Anywhere else and in my experience, you're going to miss something. The thing is, as we all know, the fireworks don't all fire from the same place. Some launch from the left, some immediately behind the castle, some further back behind the edge of the park. This becomes VERY clear when watching from the contemporary for example.

It's definitely been fine tuned to look the best from main street

Post Thanks / Like
    At EPCOT as Wendy says the Rose and Crown, however I have also heard that there is a decent view at the new Mexican Hacienda Restaurant.

In MK I believe it would be VERY difficult to get a good view from inside the castle. Outside the best view is from the California Grill but you can also see them from Narcoossee's

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at Epcot with my mom one time and we walked up to the Rose & Crown and they seated us. The only stipulation was that we order something. HAHA! Done! We split two desserts and had coffee. And a pint. LOL. It was a decent view. We were outside by the water. The thing that "blew" was that we were downwind and the smoke floated directly toward us. It's best just to grab a spot around the lake somewhere (upwind). There are much better viewing places than from a restaurant.

As for Wishes...really the best place to view is in front of the castle. I like to stand on the bridge leading to Tomorrowland because Tink flies over!

I'm a frequent visitor so to change it up sometimes I stand behind the castle in Fantasyland around the carousel. It looks like the fireworks are exploding right over your head. You don't get the comprehensive effect that you get while standing in front of the castle, though. Also, they hose down the tops of the buildings so the pavement gets kind of wet back there. Mind your step!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 252189
    I'm a frequent visitor so to change it up sometimes I stand behind the castle in Fantasyland around the carousel. It looks like the fireworks are exploding right over your head. You don't get the comprehensive effect that you get while standing in front of the castle, though. Also, they hose down the tops of the buildings so the pavement gets kind of wet back there. Mind your step!
    We watched from there last year Gwen, I think we watched Hallo Wishes it is a completely different experience. It makes you realise just how far away from the Castle the fireworks actually are. We were sat on one of the benches in front of Pooh and were able to just look up and see them explode above us.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 252211
    We watched from there last year Gwen, I think we watched Hallo Wishes it is a completely different experience. It makes you realise just how far away from the Castle the fireworks actually are. We were sat on one of the benches in front of Pooh and were able to just look up and see them explode above us.
    yep we did this on the last trip and although it's a different experience it's a good one. With the barriers up around the old toontown, the view was really uncluttered and the whole sky lit up from both sides with fireworks.