Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you get to WDW?

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess if I drived then I could buy as much as I want to bring back!

Oh, a 3 hour drive would be nice. Connecting flights really are annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob and I like to drive, but we take at least 3 days to get there/back. We like to stop along the way to see/do stuff and usually take a round about way there and back so it's something different each time.

If I am going by myself then I fly since I just want to get there and start having fun

Post Thanks / Like
    We have no choice like many others being in the UK.

If we lived in the States we would probably drive as jai does like a 'roadtrip'.

Last year while staying at the villa we visited New Orleans which was around 10 hours drive. We stopped off at Tallahassee (big mistake - it was a ghost town) as it was about half way, just for one night then drove on the next morning but on the way back we did a straight run and just stopped off for lunch.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Another UK person here and I would love to be able to drive to WDW, it's so much easier driving over in the states. One day hopefully if we ever get the chance to move over to the US
    If we were there already we probably would drive and make a road trip out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in awe of how many people actually enjoy road trips.

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in New York City and we have driven back and forth about 10 times. Its about 17-18 hours of driving, we usually leave NY about 4 am drive to Savannah or Jacksonville and crash for the night. We get back up early in the morning and finish the drive. The anticipation of getting there is exciting. The kids watch movies and play video games while my wife reads or annoys me with her chattering :tongue:. I only stop for gas and bathroom breaks. The last time we drove was 2009 and I drove straight through from NYC to Orlando. The drive home is usually a sad one and it seems like it will never end and I usually say "this is the last time I am driving to Disney" then the summer comes and I cant wait to take the ride again.:tongue:

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually fly, but this trip we are taking the leap and driving With the cost of flights and all the crazy things they are doing these days we thought it would just be easier. Plus we can stop whenever we need to and let the kids run a bit and we can take much more of our own things, which is going to make everyone more comfortable, I think. It is about a 21 hour drive, but we are going to take a few days to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 251888
    Not much choice for me but to fly from the UK but if it was a 15.5hr drive, I'd do that and make the drive an event stop at some cool little places and make that a bit of fun in itself.
    haha you got the driving bug now eh!! id love to do that too if i was say going for 3 weeks or more
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 252073
    I am in awe of how many people actually enjoy road trips.
    I used to LOVE driving. When I was younger (late teens, early 20's) I was living in Illinois (USAF) and would drive to VA on a long weekend. I drove from IL to Wichita Falls, TX when the AF sent me there for training and then again to Keesler AFB, MS for more training and from Keesler to Hanscom AFB, MA before I got sent to Germany. When I came home from Germany I drove to Omaha, NE, from there to Dayton, OH. Now, though we normally end up making several long drives over the course of the year I am really hating having to do all that driving. But it is the cheapest alternative right now.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 252094
    Wichita Falls, TX when the AF sent me there for training
    Ewww.... Sheppard Airplane Patch. Been there. Done that. Got the scars to prove it!

Tom (... thanks for the memory John!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast