Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From the City of Brotherly Love!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Philly!! My name is Dan. I am 25 yrs old and am planning on visiting Disney World in Nov.
    It will be me, my wife, 3 yr old and 6 mo old daughters. Also going are my mom and sister. We are going for the Food and Wine Festival and my daughters interest in the Princesses! We are getting a Family Suite probably in Port Orleans Riverside. Any help you can give as far as discounts on the room or tickets would be helpful. Also what to expect for crowds and the like. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dan and welcome to Secrets.

I can't help with onsite stuff as we never stay onsite, but lots of our members do and will be along to help soon

Have fun planning your trip :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dan and to Disney Secrets. Have fun planning your November trip. What part of the month are you going? I believe F&W ends on the 13th this year. I also don't recall Family Suites being available at POR.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We're planning on the first or second week. Now sure yet. We called down because they were giving us a family suite in the value resorts. The website sait it was someting like $1716 for 7 nights. It had an option for POR at $1717. The numbers might not be right but it was literally $1 more for the POR. We called them and they said the POR had a room that slept 6 in a suite.

Post Thanks / Like
    and welcome to Secrets

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dan!

And to Secrets!

I don't believe that POR has family suites. Just checking the room capacity Disney publishes shows that the maximum room capacity at POR is 5. So, you'd probably end up having to do 2 connecting rooms at POR versus the family Suite at the All-Star Music resort.

In any case, I know that trying to get 6 people into a room at POR will be very uncomfortable.

Tom (... hope that doesn't kink your plans too much!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baggies, post: 252016
    We're planning on the first or second week. Now sure yet. We called down because they were giving us a family suite in the value resorts. The website sait it was someting like $1716 for 7 nights. It had an option for POR at $1717. The numbers might not be right but it was literally $1 more for the POR. We called them and they said the POR had a room that slept 6 in a suite.
    Just curious - we've never stayed onsite so I don't fully understand the pricing structure - does the $1716 include access to all the parks?

I only ask because we charge $933 for a week and that's for a whole house but obviously you have the added extras such as car, park tickets, food etc.

I know lost of people like it on site so they can be in the midst of all the atmosphere

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wondering if they aren't counting the 6mo old in that. When I go on Disney website and put in 4 adults, 1 child age 3, and 1 child as infant, in value resort; they give me the family suite. Next to it is other options. One of them is the POR. When I called them and told them they confirmed that I can get a room there. I'm not really certain what the room is. I didn't have a lot of time when I called and it was our very first time working on this trip. I will see what I can find out and let everyone know. As for the villa off-site; we're driving down and I'm the only driver. The busses are the huge denominator in this instance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure that when others log on later they can help you - I know Johnie helps people with their planning so maybe send her a message :-)

I'm sorry I can't help but I know zilch about onsite

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked online about the room. It gives me a Waterview room at POR. Has 2 beds. Also has a trundle bed (for the 3yr old), and an option for a pack and play (for the 6mo old). I'm not sure how we'd all fit but Im gonna check all options available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast