Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From the City of Brotherly Love!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!! I can't really help you, we have only stayed on site once and that was at the animal kingdom lodge (wonderful hotel!) and there was only 4 adults and we were in 2 rooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baggies, post: 252035
    I just checked online about the room. It gives me a Waterview room at POR. Has 2 beds. Also has a trundle bed (for the 3yr old), and an option for a pack and play (for the 6mo old). I'm not sure how we'd all fit but Im gonna check all options available.
    Yes that is what they offer in the POR Bayou section. However, it is in NO WAY a suite.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, that makes sense then. Has anyone stayed in that type of room? We really would only be using it for showers and sleeping. Would we be better staying at a family suite in All Star? I like some of the features of the POR a lot. Is there any POR advice you can give me?

Post Thanks / Like
    POR is wonderful. It's the favorite resort of my DW and I. However, I really do think that 6 people in one room would be way too crowded.

If you've really got your heart set on POR (which I can understand), what about two connecting rooms? Have you considered that?

Tom (... Port Orleans fan since it was Dixie Landings!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Thanks. Its 6 people, but 4 adults, a 3yr old, and a 6mo old. Still too crowded? I'm kinda leaning toward the value suite, but would really love to stay at POR.

Post Thanks / Like
    POR is our favorite moderate resort. From there you have boat transportation to DTD. Additionally you have Piano Bob in the Lounge, I believe Wed-Sun, and can easily get over to POFQ for those delicious New Orleans style beignets.

I've never been in the Bayou rooms but certainly the 3 year old should be able to use the trundle bed with no problems. I believe the regular beds are only double beds though and they are side by side. So not knowing anything about the 4 adults I'm not sure how cozy you want to be. Keep in mind that there would also be only 1 bathroom, although I believe there are two sinks. Also not sure exactly how much room you would have for the Pack and Play.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the info! I'm gonna have to talk to them and see how they wanna do it..

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'd be really cramped. Even without the kids, just the four adults are going to have issues with the bathroom. Unless you're all really, really close.

I may be spoiled but I'd think these rooms would be more suited to 2 parents with 2 or maybe 3 kids. You start talking about 4 adults in these rooms and it would be pretty packed.

Tom (... needs a degree of space!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dan and welcome to Secrets

I can't help much with staying at POR but you are very capable hands with Catrancher and uscwest.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Yeah it seems like they have all my answers. This help is invaluable!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast