Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance...Embarrassing Question!

Post Thanks / Like
    Erm, we're need to change my car insurance from my old to my new car. Called Co-op who we are insured with and they say we're not!

We're both sure we renewed with them last year but cannot find my log book or Insurance details.

I *AM* insured or I wouldn't have been able to tax my car online a few months ago so am just wondering if anyone knows of a way to find out?!!

Have checked credit card statements that show nothing likely, and phoned bank but they can't find anything either.....I have been through lots of those ANPR (number plate recognition cameras) so would have surely been picked up if i wasn't insured?

I'm rather concerned as you can imagine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they have a record of when you last called them? If the dates match up they can probably look on their system to see who has altered your insurance/account etc. If they have looked onto your account with any luck the system will know they've at least looked at it- it sounds as though the person who you spoke to hasn't done their job properly!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 252047
    Do they have a record of when you last called them? If the dates match up they can probably look on their system to see who has altered your insurance/account etc. If they have looked onto your account with any luck the system will know they've at least looked at it- it sounds as though the person who you spoke to hasn't done their job properly!
    I'm just in a queue trying to double check....this could be a long wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I've previously worked in a call centre, if you ever even looked at someone's account your name was put on it. If it's anything like the call centre I worked at (I didn't work in insurance) and you have an estimate on the date you will be able to see if any member of staff has looked at your account and also what they did
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the woman I spoke to was a lot more helpful than the previous person!

She searched high and low and we're definitely not insured with them, she also did a check through the broker to see if we're insured with any of the other companies they own/use but nothing showed up.

I was then given the tax office number to see if they would tell me but their system was all electronic via the telephone keypad so no good.

I find it all rather amusing...fancy us forgetting who we're with!

If we can't find out then I'll just have to wait 'til July when my current one expires!

Post Thanks / Like
    well if you cant find any payments with anyone from likely sources that you would pay it with, then maybe you arent insured after all. but its weird how you could have got tax without insurance online as it tells you if your not. hunt out your logbook maybe your papers are with that

when you renew i always get quotes from gocompare and confused for the kids and they ALWAYS give the best prices :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 252108
    well if you cant find any payments with anyone from likely sources that you would pay it with, then maybe you arent insured after all. but its weird how you could have got tax without insurance online as it tells you if your not. hunt out your logbook maybe your papers are with that

when you renew i always get quotes from gocompare and confused for the kids and they ALWAYS give the best prices :)

GoCompare were good for me last year but not this year. I got the best deal from Churchill. Don't forget to try the ones that are not on the compare sites. Churchill is not on a compare site but had the better deal for me this time around??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey M.... Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought, Mairead. Your old log book would have gone with your old car, did you sell the other one?

If you taxed your car online they definitely would have checked that you were insured.
    You really need to find your insurance certificate in case you are asked to produce it.

This website might be a help:
    http://www.askmid.com/
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    just had a thought. the police can check if your insured or not, so why not see if they can tell you who with. just a thought and worth a shot
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast