Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disney have stopped allowing dining resevations for same time frame

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 252267
    Disney have stopped allowing dining resevations for same time frame
    oh my gosh really?? I'm going to go try....

I knew they'd started saying "this is at the same time as another reservation, cancel one?" but I hadn't realised they'd completely stopped it.

Can't argue with their reasoning though, of course people will now just use different email addresses and things to book them. Won't help when they're linked to a reservation number of course, I guess Disney will be able to detect those reliably
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't surprise me, they were stopping you from booking more than one a few years back.

It might mean that they are actually listening to their guests as it's been commonplace for a long time that people can book 3 restaurants for the same time and then only use the one in the park they are in at the time.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    If this is true then I reckon it`s a great idea....and about time!

Post Thanks / Like
    This makes sense.

If people continue to find ways around this Disney will be forced to take a credit card number with each reservation and then have a cancellation fee if the reservation is not canceled within a certain time.

This is currently how they handle some of the high end restaurants like California Grille. Don't know if this is a new practice as well but when we booked there earlier this week there is a $25 charge per person if you cancel within 48 hours or don't show up.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    This is something that they've needed for a long time. Now however, I think they need to go even further and block you from making more than one reservation per time frame. i.e. Only ONE dinner reservation between the time the restaurants open for dinner and the time they close. Or is this the way it is working? If not you could theoretically book something like Cali Grill at 5:00, Narcoossee's at 7:00 and Citrico's at 8:30.

I think the ultimate answer has to be to put a credit card hold on ANY TS restaurant. If you don't show, you pay.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I tried it to see what would happen and yep it seems like they've removed the option to keep both reservations. Wow, a lot of people aren't going to be happy about that!

I think the way it's phrased, they'll get a lot of people making new reservations and not realising that they've cancelled the existing ones

option: Cancel the existing reservation and make requested reservation.

This reservation conflicts with a current reservation and cannot be processed online. You may cancel the existing reservation or close this layer if you do not want to proceed. If you wish to continue with this booking, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) WDW-7933 (939-7933) to complete this reservation.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great news!

But like John says, I think the real answer is to require a CC or Resort ID for bookings. But this is a fabulous start!

And if some people don't like it? Well... get over it... they're not the only fish in the pond!

Tom (... who only eats in one restaurant at a time!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 252313
    This is great news!

But like John says, I think the real answer is to require a CC or Resort ID for bookings. But this is a fabulous start!

And if some people don't like it? Well... get over it... they're not the only fish in the pond!
    completely agree with you and John.

A credit card hold is the next step forward.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 252319
    A credit card hold is the next step forward.
    They are already doing this on some of the high end eateries.

We just booked California Grille a couple of days ago and we had to give our CC. If we were to cancel within 48 hours of the reservation or not show up we would get charged $25 per person. I believe they are also doing this for Flying Fish Cafe among a couple others.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast