Thread: I've been asked to make a Wedding Cake...............

Post Thanks / Like
    .......... for a friend's son and his fiancée who live in Bournemouth. We've been friends since before he was even born and they called him Christopher after Chris :D my Chris was so proud

I wasn't expecting to be asked as I don't really make many cakes anymore, but I was really honoured when Chris phoned me and said "Auntie Wendy will you make my wedding cake" I blubbed yes and then had the phone taken away from me

We're going to go and see them in the summer and hopefully she will have some ideas what she wants, after all it's up to us girls to choose isn't it :) I will take up my photos of others I have made so she can see them as well.

I'm already panicking about how I will transport it up there in one piece and said we will have to travel at night if it's warm

All I've got to hope now is that my hands don't get any worse as making the flowers will be difficult. Once I know the colours and/or if she wants flowers and what type, I might start making them.

I'm really excited

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhhhh how exciting....It shows how much you're loved doesn't it, Auntie Wendy?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very exciting! Keep us updated with pics etc

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I will thank you - I feel old though, I used to hold him as a baby and now he's all grown up!

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, that's lovely Wendy

Photo's as you progress will be good

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    You go Wendy!! I've got lots of faith in you that you can do this!! I want pics Girlfriend!!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mum made my friends wedding cake and all i can remember whilst transporting it several hundred miles was 'mind the cake' lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 252337
    Aww, that's lovely Wendy

Photo's as you progress will be good

Sandra

Thank you Sandra, I will keep you all up to date with the progress :)

Quote Originally Posted by BevW, post: 252342
    You go Wendy!! I've got lots of faith in you that you can do this!! I want pics Girlfriend!!

Awww Bev, thank you I'm glad you have

Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 252347
    My Mum made my friends wedding cake and all i can remember whilst transporting it several hundred miles was 'mind the cake' lol!
    I know Chris and I will probably have fallen out by the time we get to Bournemouth

One of the last wedding cakes I made was in the shape of a church, it was enormous. I had to have a carry board made out of wood so that I could put the cake on there for transportation, it was four tiers of fruit cake piled on top of each other and then a clock tower made out of icing (this was separate though and safely packed with the flowers) it took two of us to carry the thing!!

I was leaning over the backseat telling Chris to slow down, watch the bumps, don't take the corners too fast - by the time we got to Kitley House, he was fed up and it's only about 15 mins away from us To make matters worse they had their evening reception in a different place so we had to transport it twice I can laugh now, but it was that cake that stopped me going professional - never again.

I'm hoping this cake will be able to just go in the boxes and then I can make it up at the venue

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your cakes! So looking forward to hearing all about this one and seeing photos!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 252604
    I love your cakes! So looking forward to hearing all about this one and seeing photos!!
    thank you.

I've been looking through my "cake photos" I never realised I'd made so many - I've actually made 5 wedding cakes! and then there's all the birthday cakes and anniversary cakes