Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingers crossed for a trip to Ireland!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mum and I were hoping to get a trip over in the next couple of months but the hubby can't get time off 'til October as it's all booked up and he needs to look after the boys!

So hopefully we'll get there from 18-25 October and Mum wants to get right up top to the Giants Causeway.

I was hoping for a week to relax and read my books and have a night in a nearby hotel with a hot tub that looks over the beach, instead I'm getting to share a four odd hour drive each way up North...hmmm!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say take me with you, but that is about the same time we are heading for WDW.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll keep them crossed I'd love to go to Ireland, I am so jealous!

Our friends have family over there and they are off to a wedding next month, they keep telling us to go over, but we don't like to impose

You will get some time to relax in the hot tub I'm sure

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know how I much I love hearing about your trips! Hope you share photos with us!

Feel free to take me anytime.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't finish posting my pics from last year but they're stuck on my laptop that's not working!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Giants Causeway, how incredible is that?!!! I am so green, Mairead! Will hope that you can take loads of photos so I can live vicariously through your visit.

I have several books on Ireland and read a little of each one every day. We plan on going back each year, and each year something new happens...

So, we're on planning again for next year...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always wanted to visit Giants Causeway but have to admit to being rather nervous about going up there. We won't be near the troubled areas but even so it's a bit too near for my liking!

Mum went after our Sarah left and wasn't really in the right mind for it as you can imagine, I know she really wants to see it again and I know she would never take me anywhere we'd get into danger so I'm going for it on condition we find a hotel with a pool and hot tub!

There doesn't appear to be any nearby so I may have to look further afield, but I am *determined* to find one!

If any of you ever manage to get over you must let me know when so I can try and meet up with you, that would be so cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Causeway may just help to put some things in perspective for your Mom. It's such a magnificent wonder.

You'll be fine "up there." Hope you do find a nice hotel though!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know she thought it was amazing but nothing in life really mattered at that time did it? It'll be different next time

Post Thanks / Like
    No nothing did then, Dear Friend, however that's just when incredible natural wonders work their particular magic. You can lose yourself in the majesty of something you can see, and just allow yourself to be awed, eh? (((hugs)))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast