Quote Originally Posted by buzzchamp, post: 252469
Also I was wondering everyone experience with transportation, I know I will miss the monorail, but how much is it going to slow us down.
There's no doubt. The monorail has a cool factor. But in reality, unless you're going to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot from one of the Deluxe resorts on Bay Lake (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) it won't do you much good. If you're trying to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios, forget it. You can't get there by monorail.

The truth of the matter is that Disney's bus transportation is very, very good. You can generally get anywhere on the property using their busses. Can they get crowded? Sure they can. But they still beat most other forms of transportation. Also, don't forget that many of the resorts have boat transportation available also. For instance, going from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom can be done by both boat and bus.

But the monorail still has the "cool" factor. My DW and I generally ride it at least once on each trip. But that's more for the ability to say we rode the monorail rather than any transportation necessity.

For almost all of my transportation requirements on Disney property, I'll take the busses. They're clean, reliable, usually frequent and can be fun. Especially if the driver happens to be in a "mood".

Tom (... beats driving!)