Thread: Value vs Deluxe disney resorts

Post Thanks / Like
    I get some of the obvious differences, outside entrances, smaller rooms, no slide at the pools, no table service; those do not worry me. I am, however, a little worried about the beds. As a rule, I do not stay in motels because of mattress and bedding, I am getting spoiled in my old age. Are these beds more like a motel grade or similar to the beds you get in the deluxe?

Also I was wondering everyone experience with transportation, I know I will miss the monorail, but how much is it going to slow us down.

Thanks ahead of time, I just want to have realistic expectations

Post Thanks / Like
    While the beds in the value resorts may not be the most plush in which you have ever slept they are generally better than the comparable value in a chain hotel.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzchamp, post: 252469
    Also I was wondering everyone experience with transportation, I know I will miss the monorail, but how much is it going to slow us down.
    There's no doubt. The monorail has a cool factor. But in reality, unless you're going to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot from one of the Deluxe resorts on Bay Lake (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) it won't do you much good. If you're trying to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios, forget it. You can't get there by monorail.

The truth of the matter is that Disney's bus transportation is very, very good. You can generally get anywhere on the property using their busses. Can they get crowded? Sure they can. But they still beat most other forms of transportation. Also, don't forget that many of the resorts have boat transportation available also. For instance, going from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom can be done by both boat and bus.

But the monorail still has the "cool" factor. My DW and I generally ride it at least once on each trip. But that's more for the ability to say we rode the monorail rather than any transportation necessity.

For almost all of my transportation requirements on Disney property, I'll take the busses. They're clean, reliable, usually frequent and can be fun. Especially if the driver happens to be in a "mood".

Tom (... beats driving!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Although it was a while ago that I last stayed at a value one of the things that stood out to me was how comfy the beds were - especially the pillows! I know I wanted to pack them and bring them home with me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 252520
    Although it was a while ago that I last stayed at a value one of the things that stood out to me was how comfy the beds were - especially the pillows! I know I wanted to pack them and bring them home with me!
    surely thats not all you remember Lisa

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 252573
    surely thats not all you remember Lisa
    well I think we may have been resort bound due to a little hurricane that year but the pillows are my main memory!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    OK doing what I am trained to do you are up in age so I'm assuming just two adults, no children. So every Disney resort starting with the value resorts have king bedding. Some resorts you do pay a premium for king beds(value & moderate) but you do not have to have Deluxe if it is two of you.

If you choose a deluxe resort there is no additional charge for a king room and some do have a day bed for a child.

If you do have family members there are moderates with two queen beds. technically the only one Disney will offers Is Coronado Springs but may other modeerate resorts are being retrofitted with queens with rehabs and specialty rooms.
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL