Thread: Would you recommend Victoria and Alberts

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been thinking about booking this for us in September. I fancy dressing up for a change

My problem is DH is very fussy, as Slowhand and uscwest already know and I'm worried it will be a waste of money.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 252684
    I've been thinking about booking this for us in September. I fancy dressing up for a change

My problem is DH is very fussy, as Slowhand and uscwest already know and I'm worried it will be a waste of money.
    You couldn't possibly believe how fussy I am Seriously, I have never eaten vegetables/salads etc, ever, at all, in any way. Don't do pastas, don't do most seafood but the things I DO like, I want done the way I want them done and I want them to be really good.

The first time I went, i was extremely nervous about how much I'd be able to eat but I thought I'd go for the occasion and the others would enjoy it.

Anyway, the server asked me if there was anything special or that I didn't like I should tell them, so erm, I did half an hour later I'm sure they wished they hadn't asaked but they practically redid the whole menu for me.

Ever since then, my preferences have been recorded there so they know what I like and I don't.

They do try and get a real variety on there so that there's something for everyone and they don't have a problem with mixing things around. Again, sometimes the seafood course just has nothing I want so I'll have two of the meat options instead.

The other good thing is, all this is decided at the start of the dining and the menu decided so it's a few moments of feeling like I'm causing trouble then the next few hours are taken care of.

I really enjoy it even though they seem to have changed the water from Evian to "something else" which isn't as nice. (I did say I was fussy )
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee Keith, you are a fussy blighter. lol How have you got to this stage of your life without veg and salads?
    I would love to do V&A. I have read loads of reviews today of the restaurant and everyone who did a review seemed to love the place. I can but dream.........

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 252689
    Gee Keith, you are a fussy blighter. lol How have you got to this stage of your life without veg and salads?
    Certainly don't recommend it and when I was very very very very young they used to try and get me to eat them. I remember in school having doctors try their best but in the end I was just sick all the time so they ended up giving up. VERY VERY VERY rarely I'll smell a salad and have a feeling like I need to eat it but then I feel sick if I try so :/

I would love to do V&A. I have read loads of reviews today of the restaurant and everyone who did a review seemed to love the place. I can but dream.........
    I've had better food in better restaurants over the years, I should own up to that but so far in the Orlando area, and DEFINITELY in the Disney area, it stands on its own in my experience as being by far the best.

It's better now they don't play games either. The servers used to insist on being called Victoria and Albert.

I really felt it was an unjustified silliness not worthy of the place so it's a lot nicer now they're actual people with actual proper names.

It's a complete oasis really with a very different feel to any other dining on site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy, knowing Chris like I do the DON'T do French Fries there.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not fussy like Keith.

But, based on my experience there, I'm sure that V&A would do everything they possibly could to make sure Chris and you both had a delightful meal and a wonderful experience.

In my personal opinion, I've never enjoyed a meal anywhere as much as I enjoyed V&A. My DW and I celebrated our anniversary there several years ago and it was truly a memorable occasion!

Tom (... and I still have the menus!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is this restaurant please? Does anyone know the approximate costs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Morrow, post: 252713
    Where is this restaurant please? Does anyone know the approximate costs?
    This is located in the Grand Floridian hotel. It's Prix Fixe. Prices begin at $125 per guest with wine pairings beginning at $60 per guest.

And in my opinion, it's worth every penny.

Tom (... took 2 1/2 hours to have our dinner there!)

Post Thanks / Like
    me? picky? NEVER! :tongue:

Yeah it's an experience for sure. Takes us a good three hours for the full sitting and yet I've never felt like it took a long time which is strange. The time just flies.

I did feel a bit ill one time when we'd ordered wine pairings, DW decided she didnt want hers and then we'd been gifted a bottle of champagne as well. I had a "well the wine pairings won't amount to much" thought which was very very inaccurate

Post Thanks / Like
    As has been said Wendy, they will go out of their way to ensure that your DH won`t go hungry!
    You MUST give it a try. [It`s just a shame that we won`t be there at the same time as you or we could join you...I`d ask for a burger, and Chris could ask for fries! ]