Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wouldnt go there again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any restaurants or eating places you wouldnt go back to in disney and orlando? Dish the dirt please :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd never eat at a Ponderosa again we used to eat there quite a bit when we first started going on holiday - I wouldn't touch one now. It's the same with Golden Coral, there was a nice one of the 192 just down from Old Lake Wilson Road. We had a not very nice meal and it seemed to have got dirtier.

We've been quite lucky really, a lot of the places we go have been recommended to us :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that I've been around forever, and used to dine at WDW restaurants at least monthly if not more often.

The advent and continuation of the Disney dining plan has ruined the dining experience for us. We can no longer simply decide to dine at a given restaurant, we now need an ADR for any full service restaurant. Also, the service and food quality has fallen off sharply. All that to say, we are no longer as enamored of Disney dining as we used to be.

We'll not be returning to California Grill, or Narcoosee's.

Off site, we used to like Season's 52 but no longer go there. It too fell off sharply in food quality, and atmosphere. Same for Too Jay's Deli. Used to recommend it always and no longer. Food quality has declined.

All in all, we dine off site any more, and have had many a lovely meal. For a good basic steak we head to Long Horn. For something more elaborate we head to Ruth's Chris, although Charley's Steakhouse is very popular too.

Hope that helps a bit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never go to California Grill again - our server ruined that experience for us!
    We are going back to The Rose and Crown for the first time this year in 15 years, again we had a bad server experience in 1996 and haven't been back since, I'm thinking she has probably left by now!

I wouldn't go to Sizzler or Ponderosa again, Ponderosa we did once years ago and that was a no-return from that day! Sizzler we used to go to a lot on the first couple of trips and we went again a few years ago and it was awful - not sure if our expectations are higher now or if it had gone dramatically downhill in 10 years or so!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Would never go back to the Morroccan restaurant in Epcot ( sorry can't remember what it's called)

Wouldn't ever go to Ponderosa or Wendy's ever again either

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 252869
    Would never go back to the Morroccan restaurant in Epcot ( sorry can't remember what it's called)

Wouldn't ever go to Ponderosa or Wendy's ever again either

Sandra
    The Moroccan Restaurant is called Marrakesh. What did you not like about it Sandra as we've always found not only it, but also the Tangierine Cafe outside to be quite delightful? When we took our first set of granddaughters to WDW we ate at Marrakesh and they enjoyed getting up with the belly dancer. They ordered Kebabs, the first for either of them, and started eating them right off of the stick.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 252875
    The Moroccan Restaurant is called Marrakesh. What did you not like about it Sandra as we've always found not only it, but also the Tangierine Cafe outside to be quite delightful? When we took our first set of granddaughters to WDW we ate at Marrakesh and they enjoyed getting up with the belly dancer. They ordered Kebabs, the first for either of them, and started eating them right off of the stick.
    There was a hair in my food John and they virtually accussed me of putting it there myself I was really upset.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 252881
    There was a hair in my food John and they virtually accussed me of putting it there myself I was really upset.

Sandra
    Oh Yuck, sorry to hear about that.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    California Grill, thought they were really snooty, I wasn't feeling well during the meal and they virtually accused us of trying to avoid paying the bill! Wasn't impressed by the food either

Post Thanks / Like
    le cellier at epcot we were so looking forward to our meal having read rave reveiws but it was awful meals arriving after others arrived side order arrived after meal it was awful never again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast