Thread: Any good disney books?

Are there any really good books about Disney the history and secrets ?

I'm reading the hidden magic of walt disney world by Susan Vaness, it has allthe hidden secrets around the 4 theme parks. It's a great read and i can't wait to find all the little things the imagineers have added.
    I'm desperate to find a book on WDW showing how it's developed over the years and would lve to hear if there is such a book around.

I have "The Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot". Written by Imagineers. Fun facts and history. I got it at a store in DTD a year or so ago.

Also, not helpful to you, but I have a book just titled "Walt Disney World". It was published just after DHS opened (as MGM). It's a trip down memory lane because of all the old attractions that are featured. LOL!

If you're into Hidden Mickeys, HM books are sold all over Epcot. Usually, I just look up the HM for the country I'm in so, I'm pretty sure I've read the book for free at this point. LOL!
    Gwen

I've read two books, which I thought were both brilliant, I'm not sure if you can still get them though

The first one is:

The Walt Disney World Trivia Book: - More Secrets, History and Fun Facts Behind the Magic written by Louis A. Mongello

The second is:

Inside the Dream: The Personal Story of Walt Disney written by Katherine Greene and Katherine Barrett

I am SO glad I wandered onto this posting! I have been looking for books on this very topic. I'd like to give one to my 12 yr old during our ride down. I think she would enjoy being able to match what she read to what she saw and tell us about it.
    Previous Trips:
    DisneyLand: 1980, 1982, 2001
    WDW: 2011
    DCL (Disney Dream): 2012

I've read numerous books about Disney but the main one I've read and keep coming back to is:

The ILLUSION OF LIFE: DISNEY ANIMATION by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston

If you're looking for the definitive "bible" on Disney animation, this is it. Written by two of Walt's "nine old men", it's a brilliant offering on the history and the technical aspects of Disney Animation from the early days on to today.

Tom (... amazed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 252919
    I'm desperate to find a book on WDW showing how it's developed over the years and would lve to hear if there is such a book around.
    Ohhh.... there's a bunch of those! Try this list.

Tom (.. hope you find something!)

I've got a few but can't remember them off the top of my head. I'll try and post the titles this weekend.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 254197
    Ohhh.... there's a bunch of those! Try this list.

Tom (.. hope you find something!)
    Ah thank you Tom , will have a look through these

This thread is perfect. I am really interested in reading all about the Walt Disney Company mostly from the view of the animation and the buisness and of course the man. Any good books for that I am trying to get in as much research now with the hopes that I will be able to write about Disney for disseration next year.

I would just like to point out that I am a huge fan of Disney I know that a lot of academics choose to write negativley about Disney well I am not one of them I love Disney