Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Disney water parks

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you believe in 10 trips to WDW we've never done the water parks! Any tips you'd like to share? How busy do you think it would be at the end of august, beginning of September?

Any decent eateries? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 253088
    Can you believe in 10 trips to WDW we've never done the water parks! Any tips you'd like to share? How busy do you think it would be at the end of august, beginning of September?

Any decent eateries? Thanks!
    We never have too (and considerably more than 10 trips!) weird isnt it? Not sure I'm brave enough
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been for a while as you know I don't go anywhere that involves removing clothing! The other have been though and one tip is make sure you have flipflops/crocs or the like for walking on the very hot concrete! They used to do a refillable mug as well that you could buy a (cheaper) barcode for for subsequent visits.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm a lot more toned now! Even so I have bought some board shorts to wear over my swim suit, I think we haven't gone because it's a hassle keeping an eye on younger kids, mine can now wander off while I catch some rays! I have promised to go on the family raft rides at both though! Yikes

Post Thanks / Like
    julie omg you have never been, they are two of my fave parks, we go at least 4 times each visit

if you want a decent spot, beds chairs etc you HAVE to get there early, we go at least 30mins before opening in oct, so im guessing it will be worse in aug you will be lucky too as both parks will be open. really hope you go, the kids will love them im sure. as lisa said get refillable mugs too, worth every cent :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent been for a few years. last visit was to TYPHOON LAGOON had agreat time only eats ican remember is the foot long hot dog

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 253106
    if you want a decent spot, beds chairs etc you HAVE to get there early

+1 on what Mick said. I'd also add, be careful about where you get your chairs. Think about being there the whole day. Where the sun is now, where it will be at the end of the day. There are chairs and such there that may be in the sun now, but will be in the shade most of the day. On the other hand, they may be in the shade now, but will be in the sun later.

We generally opt for places that will have the most shade as neither my DW nor I are big sun worshippers. But we do enjoy the water parks. Mostly Typhoon Lagoon!

They do have a snack bar kind of thing there as well so you won't be in any danger of starving.

I also just noticed that at Typhoon Lagoon, they have what they call a Beachcomber Shack. This is a roofed shack, supposedly on the sand that you can rent. Comes stocked with cooler with ice, bottled water, all day drink mugs, towels, and an attendant. Good for up to six people. Never knew about that one.

Tom (... who'd like to be floating on Castaway Creek!)

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also bring in your own food/coolers.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 253114

+1 on what Mick said. I'd also add, be careful about where you get your chairs. Think about being there the whole day. Where the sun is now, where it will be at the end of the day. There are chairs and such there that may be in the sun now, but will be in the shade most of the day. On the other hand, they may be in the shade now, but will be in the sun later.

We generally opt for places that will have the most shade as neither my DW nor I are big sun worshippers. But we do enjoy the water parks. Mostly Typhoon Lagoon!

They do have a snack bar kind of thing there as well so you won't be in any danger of starving.

I also just noticed that at Typhoon Lagoon, they have what they call a Beachcomber Shack. This is a roofed shack, supposedly on the sand that you can rent. Comes stocked with cooler with ice, bottled water, all day drink mugs, towels, and an attendant. Good for up to six people. Never knew about that one.

Tom (... who'd like to be floating on Castaway Creek!)
    Just love castaway creek

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Get there for opening. Parking is free at the water parks. We wear beach shoes at water parks as the concrete gets hot. Food is pretty much burgers and stuff with the odd salady thing thrown in. Lots of snack spots selling doughnuts and ice cream and slushy drinks, that kind of stuff. Everyone sits in their bathing suits to each lunch so be careful not to drop any hot food down you.

If you want to snorkel at typhoon lagoon shark reef get there early as the lines build up for that - and remember the water is fish temperature not human temperature, ie cold.

If you rent a locker the large size locker is tiny. Couldn't fit a picnic and all your towels in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast