Thread: New Hidden Mickey Pins available July 2011

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In Neverland
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the beginning of this year, details were realeased about the new Hidden Mickey pins coming to cast members’ lanyards at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort and in 2011. The collections this year we are releasing two “waves” of pins for each coast. We have had “Wave A” already and “Wave B” will be arriving in July.

Here is a brief look at what you may find during the remainder of the year.

There is a collection coming to Walt Disney World that was inspired by Courtney McBride, a retail guest service manager from Disney’s Contemporary Resort. In March 2010, Courtney was recognized for her outstanding leadership by her fellow merchandise cast members. Steve Miller, Disney’s Merchandise Communications Manager said that he thought a great celebratory “prize” would be the opportunity to design a series of Hidden Mickey pins. Steve asked Courtney about the reason she chose to feature the United Kingdom.

“I love the United Kingdom,” exclaimed Courtney. “I’m a fan of British pop culture. When I visited the UK on holiday, I realized that many British icons represented in movies, television shows and artwork are part of the landscape. I think my favorite pin is the Rose and Crown Pub logo as it is one of my favorite places at Walt Disney World.”

For years, I’ve included Disney Princesses in the Hidden Mickey collections. This year, it’s Princesses in flowers (see – I did have roses on my mind). The set will be released in Florida.

Finally, you will find additional tee-shirt pins being released in California and Florida (special thanks to Disney artist Monty Maldovan for being the model for the image at top). The artwork for these pins came from Tokyo Disney Resort in December 2008.

After seeing the art, Steve immediately thought they would make great pins (especially with so many unique characters like Angel, Scrooge McDuck, Donald Duck’s nephews and Tigger).

source Disney Blogs
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.