Thread: Calling any IPhone4 users

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my new iPhone 4 yesterday and have noticed a fault with the home button' it seems to work when it feels like it which is a big problem,
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    No problems like that with mine. Course, mine's not the white one. What kind of problem is it? I mean, does it do anything when it's not feeling up to it? Can you tell if it actually felt like it "pushed"? Mine's got a tactile, almost "click" like feel to it when I push it.

Tom (... strange....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 253333
    I got my new iPhone 4 yesterday and have noticed a fault with the home button' it seems to work when it feels like it which is a big problem,
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    ah now, yes, interesting.

This is quite a common problem. There are two types of this... 1. a faulty button which definitely fails more than it works 2. software being laggy and when you press the button it doesnt work but you press again and it does.

How does it feel like to you? how often does it fail?

The problem is that if you have 1 its definitely broken, not going to get better and needs replacing. Apple sometimes though will try and convince you that its 2.

Anyway, Ive been back with maybe 5 people to complain about this and in the end, all 5 got brand new replacement phones. In fact the last one we didnt even need to moan, we said "home button not working properly" he immediately went and got a brand new phone to replace it with (and that was amazing since the phone had been bought from o2 not apple!)

So... back to the apple store I think
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 253335
    No problems like that with mine. Course, mine's not the white one. What kind of problem is it? I mean, does it do anything when it's not feeling up to it? Can you tell if it actually felt like it "pushed"? Mine's got a tactile, almost "click" like feel to it when I push it.

Tom (... strange....)
    At the moment the main problem is with the home button, as the home button is the a main feature to operating the phone it means you can't use the phone until the home button wants to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith, the button is failing more than working, I think I'll pop to my local apple store and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 253344
    Thanks Keith, the button is failing more than working, I think I'll pop to my local apple store and see what they say.
    yep you should be fine In the early days I think they were denying the problem and the staff often took the phone from us and pressed home very deliberately and hard. That made it work more often than it failed but we convinced them by showing them a "working" phone on which a normal pressure would activate home every time.

Nowadays they seem much more understanding about it
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com