Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVC...is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    i absolutely do. i just wanted to reassure myself and mostly him. i know firsthand how whiny people can be, so we try not to take all the reviews for gospel. it's just good to read about different people's experiences and anxiously await our own.

Even miracles take a little time.

2-08-09 thru 2-14-09 Port Orleans French Quarter
    3-20-10 thru 3-27-10 off property house rental
    9-24-11 thru 10-1-11 Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,
    I'm not an expert in this but my mum and dad have both DVC and an RCI timeshare.
    The problem with the DVC is that like one of you said you have the points for 50 years, now I know you personally aren't goingt to use them all for that time but wouldn't you like to be able to pass this wonderful idea onto your kids to be able to use (that's what my mum and dad wants to do with their RCI timeshare)
    The other problem I understand there is with DVC is that the points it costs to stay in places increase but your points don't, so what you could afford one year you might not be able to the next year. I don't think this happens with the RCI points.
    My mum and dad mainly bought into the DVC for the DLRP but they have so much hassle trying to book because Paris take ages to release their dates for DVC.
    I know the main advantage of the DVC is you get to stay on resort and you get discounts on park tickets etc.
    Personally looking at the timeshares my mum and dad have I would probably buy into RCI or another one like this rather than DVC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 254394
    The other problem I understand there is with DVC is that the points it costs to stay in places increase but your points don't, so what you could afford one year you might not be able to the next year.
    To be honest, ever since we became DVC members in 1992, I have not found this to be the case. Actually it was one of the questions that I asked before joining.
    The only time that I`ve noticed that the points cost per stay at any accommodation was increased was when the dates of the various seasons changed ie a certain date could have been in the "Adventure" season one year, but the following year that particular date may have fallen into the "Choice" season.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks y'all, but has anybody ever used their points at other Disney resorts around the world? At the risk of being kicked off here...my family likes adventures other than Disney World itself some times. Those are the times where i could actually see it's usefullness.
    Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12