Thread: with pin trading, do we have to trade?

Post Thanks / Like
    DD really wants to try pin trading but she's very possessive i can see tears if someone demands one of her favourites. Does she just keep them back and not show them or is there some way to say i'll trade only these

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure of the etiquette with pin trading but all I was going to do was get a pin bag to keep my pins in, take ones I want to trade and do most of my trading with the cast members.
    From what I understand if you want a specific pin from them they have to give it to you, not sure if they are able to request specific pins back.
    I would say to say to her to pick out the ones she really wants to keep and leave them in the room or at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    She'll be perfectly safe if she only trades with CMs. They would never ask her for one she wanted to keep.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    When you trade with a CM you decide what pin you want to trade for and what pin you will give them back in trade. The general rule of thumb is that if a CM has a pin on their trading lanyard it is there to trade and they do not say "well I'll only trade this one for that one". Other pin traders however, do have that option.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think pin trading is like any other trading.....if you don't like the deal you're being offered in return for a pin why wouldn't you be able to say "no thanks"?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the link to Disney's official Pin Trading Etiquette document.

Basically indicates that you decide what to offer for trade!

Tom (... upgrading to iTunes 10.3 as we speak!)

Post Thanks / Like
    If you trade with a CM, you just say 'I want to trade 'X' pin for 'Y' pin' and do it that way If you trade with another guest you are free to do what you like so you can turn around and say no thanks politely if you don't like what they have to offer or aren't willing to give up a certain pin

CMs have a 'pin swap' station at each costuming location that is open a few times a week, if we have pins that we aren't trading very well we can swap them around, so if we 'lose' a pin that we like we can swap them and probably get the same one back
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)