Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tax is not included?

Post Thanks / Like
    When Im shopping in orlando which i plan to do a lot of how do I know what the final price will be before getting to the checkout? what I mean is if tax isnt included in prices how do you know how much it will end up being

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are buying certain things there is no tax at all. I think the sales tax in Florida is pretty low though compared to where I am.

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dzneeprincss, post: 23274
    If you are buying certain things there is no tax at all. I think the sales tax in Florida is pretty low though compared to where I am.
    most things will have tax on though wont they? or perhaps they wont Im confused now am I worrying about nothing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay just checked some of my receipts from WDW and sales tax in 2004 was 6.5%. So you see it isn't too much to worry about really.

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what wouldn't have tax on it in Florida??? 6.5% is the norm for the Orlando area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie-
    Until I looked at that receipt I was under the impression clothes didn't have tax (DING DONG I'm wrong).

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking that tax might not be included on certain items when they have a tax amnesty weekend. It's usually before school starts back. We're having one this weekend in Virginia. It's usually only on clothes and certain school supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    We get that too in September and January normally. Thats when I go buy my grandkids their outfits for the holidays so that I can save a little bit.

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless it is prepared, food isn't usually taxed. There is no tax holiday this year in Florida. It was not approved.

I'd not worry too much about tax being added on, unless you are buying a big ticket item, then it can be a significant addition to your total cost.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Your food isn't taxed? wow, ours is. It's taxed lower I beleive but taxed nonetheless.

That's too bad you didn't get the tax amnesty this year. Every little bit helps. Especially in this economy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast