Thread: why no parade at EPCOT?

Post Thanks / Like
    We were quite disappointed the first time we went to find that there was no parade in EPCOT

It seems like it would be perfect to go round the lake

Has there ever been one? will there ever be one you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes there used to be one just before the fireworks and for the life of me i cant remember what it was called it was fantastic in my humble opinion :)
    was it tapestry of nations oh heck cant think now :(

Post Thanks / Like
    http://youtu.be/wACqBZCptBY

yep tapestry of nations back in 2000 :)

Post Thanks / Like
    We just missed the last ever showing of this parade on our first visit - I've heard it was pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back when I was in high school in the 90's, we came down for Magic Music Days and marched at both WDW & Epcot.

I think at WDW we marched in front of the afternoon parade. We started back stage behind Splash Mountain and followed the normal parade route and ended back stage between the Emporium & the Fire Station.

At EPCOT, I don't remember if we were part of a parade. I'm thinking it was just us. We started backstage behind Germany and marched through China, Norway, & Mexico and ended up down between the 2 gift shops by the water at the front of World Showcase and played a couple songs. After that I don't remember how we got back, maybe continued around to Canada and the rest or went back the same way (is it terrible that I don't remember? LOL!)

I don't know if Disney has this program or not anymore. We were there during spring break.

[ATTACH]8590.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    I always did enjoy Tapestry of Nations and the music but my DW didn't particularly like it. There also used to be one of the English double decker buses that ran around the lake and periodically they would bring the characters out on it but alas that has also gone away.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix