Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Upgrade to premium economy on way there or back?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    What would you do? We cant really afford to upgrade both ways, would it be better to upgrade on the way out when we're excited and happy or on the way back so we can maybe sleep better?

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely on the way back.
    We have been lucky in that over our last few trips [including the one in a couple of days time], thanks to our FC miles, we have managed to travel in UC both ways.
    You really do feel the benefit on the return leg when as you say, all you want to do is sleep on the overnight return flight.





  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dorset UK
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    as slowhand says way home as its usually an overnight flight and the legroom and quieter area is so much more comfort on the way back and of course more luggage allowance

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...also if you get to the airport early you may be able to manage to get an emergency exit seat that gives you oodles of legroom...row 75 on VA I believe.





  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romford, Essex
    Posts
    2,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definately on the way back

    Sandra
    Sandra




  6. #6
    Senior Member robertcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would do it on the way back





    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

  7. #7
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 254418
    ...also if you get to the airport early you may be able to manage to get an emergency exit seat that gives you oodles of legroom...row 75 on VA I believe.
    Or get to DTD for when they open as you stand more chance of getting the exit seats

    Definitely on the way back, the extra room is much nicer and more relaxing.









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely on the way back. It'll be much easier to rest there.
    [CENTER]







  9. #9
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 254508
    Or get to DTD for when they open as you stand more chance of getting the exit seats

    Definitely on the way back, the extra room is much nicer and more relaxing.
    You know, people SAY that and so last time we rushed to DTD and they said yep we have exit row seats do you want them, they're 50 extra (or whatever). Then she said but you want a window and middle dont you? ok so we'll only charge you for the middle upgrade.

    GREAT thinks I until we get on the plane and see why. The door intrudes into the cabin and far from being an upgrade for the seat next to the window, it was a definite downgrade!!

    Soooo although I can see where the extra legroom is nice, be very careful when requesting an exit row, if you're by the window on some planes, it won't be a good upgrade!

    (the other thing is all the people who stand there talking and drinking etc during the flight)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com







  10. #10
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 254516
    You know, people SAY that and so last time we rushed to DTD and they said yep we have exit row seats do you want them, they're 50 extra (or whatever). Then she said but you want a window and middle dont you? ok so we'll only charge you for the middle upgrade.

    GREAT thinks I until we get on the plane and see why. The door intrudes into the cabin and far from being an upgrade for the seat next to the window, it was a definite downgrade!!

    Soooo although I can see where the extra legroom is nice, be very careful when requesting an exit row, if you're by the window on some planes, it won't be a good upgrade!

    (the other thing is all the people who stand there talking and drinking etc during the flight)


    Was this for PE exit seats Keith We've always had exit seats in the bubble and the door doesn't intrude there.

    I think from what I can remember the exit seats in economy have less legroom by the window, but we always used to have the middle and outside seats - most of the time no-one was sat in the window seat.

    I can see how it would be like paying for a downgrade though, they never used to charge when we had econ exits.









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •