Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port orleans french quarter or riverside?

Post Thanks / Like
    both port orleans french quarter and riverside are the same prices so Im not too worried but which is better? riverside seems to have more facilities but larger and Im worried about the bus?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always had one of the mansions at POR and never had a problem when we wanted to take the bus. I can't speak for Alligator Bayou however. POFQ sometimes shares a bus with POR. Both resorts are really nice.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We always stay in Alligator Bayou and have never had a problem with the bus.

However, the secret to that in part can be that we always request a room in buildings 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, or 27. The only reason for that is to be close to the main depot. This is the first depot serviced at Riverside. The other 3 bus depots (west, north and east) are serviced after the main one in that order. So, the second choice would be the west depot. The closest buildings to that one are 24, 25, 26, 34, and 35. Building 28 is kind of between the main depot and the west depot so you could actually get to either one.

Now, having said all that, I do have to mention that we've walked all over Alligator Bayou in our many stays at POR and I really believe that you can get to any of the bus stops with just a pleasant walk. Even from the back to the front, it's not that bad.

Tom (... Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou fanboy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    But POFQ is usually dropped off first if they share a bus! We like both sides, PoFQ is smaller and quieter on a whole. The grounds are lovely. Riverside has the Mark Twain appeal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 254752
    But POFQ is usually dropped off first if they share a bus! We like both sides, PoFQ is smaller and quieter on a whole. The grounds are lovely. Riverside has the Mark Twain appeal!
    Actually, that's not always the case. We've had several stays in POR where POFQ had to wait until we were done.
    Both pickup and dropoff (sounds like the name of a mad Russian chauffer! Pickup Andropov.)

Tom (... tis true!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bow to your expertise!! it must have been luck the 2 times we stayed there! Coming home at night we were always first!!( luck is a good thing!) We just made ressies at WL ( or I should say Johnnie did!) I wonder how the transport is there...

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stayed at por last year and iam going back this year. Inever had any problem with bus but i did travell often to DTD BY BOAT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 254784
    We just made ressies at WL ( or I should say Johnnie did!) I wonder how the transport is there...
    The one time we stayed there, we absolutely loved the hotel but had interminable waits for the busses. Course it was also the middle of winter with not a day over 50 degrees and I had the falling down like I was drunk, head spinning case of the flu so standing outside, waiting on the bus was not a pleasant experience.

But, like I said, we absolutely loved the hotel! I'd like to stay there again. Maybe not when I'm sick though.

Also, the boats to the MK were wonderful fun. If it just hadn't been so cold and I hadn't been so sick!

Tom (... I'll go back again one day!)

Post Thanks / Like
    busing is not bad. Howerver buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27 in the AB are preferred rooms and Disney charges extra. As a French Qtr resort guest you also can use both of the pools which is a nice benefit.
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 254788
    The one time we stayed there, we absolutely loved the hotel but had interminable waits for the busses. Course it was also the middle of winter with not a day over 50 degrees and I had the falling down like I was drunk, head spinning case of the flu so standing outside, waiting on the bus was not a pleasant experience.

But, like I said, we absolutely loved the hotel! I'd like to stay there again. Maybe not when I'm sick though.

Also, the boats to the MK were wonderful fun. If it just hadn't been so cold and I hadn't been so sick!

Tom (... I'll go back again one day!)
    That's aweful, it just stinks when you're that sick and away Hope you get to stay soon, but your cruise is coming up fast now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast