Thread: What is there to do on board?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of a Disney cruise I really do but I worry about being bored on board

What is there to do on these cruises? whats the food like?

Is there a trip report somewhere to read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey10, post: 255016
    I love the idea of a Disney cruise I really do but I worry about being bored on board

What is there to do on these cruises? whats the food like?

Is there a trip report somewhere to read?
    Bored? Ain't never gonna happen. The only problem with a Disney Cruise is that there isn't enough hours in the day to do all there is to do!

Every night of your Disney Cruise, you'll get something called a "Personal Navigator" delivered to your stateroom. This will have all the activities listed in it for the following day. If you're going to be in port, it will have port information like shopping, maps, things to do and see. If you're at sea, it will have the shipboard activities listed. And there's loads of them. Ship tours, movies, classes, special events. All kind of things. More things than you could possibly do in a day. Or... just grab a deck chair and a good book. Maybe go swimming in one of the onboard pools. Or on the new Disney Dream, ride the AquaDuck.

Dining is on a rotational basis. At least for the main dining. What this means is that you'll be assigned a dining table. Usually with some other folks. Typically, there'll be about 6 to 10 people at your table. For dinner, you'll all rotate together through each of 3 different restaurants. You'll eat dinner with the same people throughout the cruise and your wait staff will accompany you through each of these restaurants. A different restaurant each night. However, that's not the only dining options you have available. On the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, there is an adults only restaurant called "Palo". It's by special reservation only and like I said, it's adults only. It's a marvelous northern Italian restaurant that's truly a special occasion. On the new Disney Dream, there's 2 adults only restaurants. They have Palo like the other two ships but they also have "Remy". The new French restaurant inspired by the movie "Ratatouille".

There are numerous trip reports in the Trip Reports section. Here's the index from our own Slowhand when they last did the Northern Europe cruise on the Disney Magic: Slowhand's Northern Europe trip report index

Beyond that, here's the sticky I posted that will take you to the Disney Cruise Line podcasts.

These should help you out!

Tom (... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director! )

PS - did I mention perhaps that I'm leaving on my 4th Disney Cruise in 9 days. Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bored is a term never used with a Disney Cruise. Amazing and Extrodinary yes. I've been on many different cruise lines but Disney is 2nd to none.
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL

Post Thanks / Like
    To elaborate on Tom's (who is on a DC right now) post, there is also a wonderful spa on board. There are also first run movies to see on a daily and nightly basis in the Lake Buena Vista Theater on Deck 5. They also run movies at night on Deck 9 on the jumbo screen at the family pool. Like he said, the options of things to do are endless.

The adult only restaurants are an additional charge of $15 per person for each seating if that is something you want to do instead of the rotational dinning.

Here are a couple samples of the Personal Navigators from out last cruise in Jan 2010:

http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...lNavigator.pdf
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...staTheatre.pdf
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...rPriceList.pdf
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...lNavigator.PDF
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...Promotions.PDF

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 256072
    The links aren't working hun
    Keith had uploaded those for me. I wonder if they're not working anymore because of the updates to the forums.

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 256073
    Keith had uploaded those for me. I wonder if they're not working anymore because of the updates to the forums.
    Hhhmmm, possibly have you sent him a PM to ask I should think it would be easy enough to fix

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 256065
    There are also first run movies to see on a daily and nightly basis in the Lake Buena Vista Theater on Deck 5.
    On the Disney Dream, the Buena Vista Theater is on Deck 3 and 4 midships.
    We saw both "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" there as well as "Cars 2"!

They also run movies at night on Deck 9 on the jumbo screen at the family pool.
    On the Dream, the movies are on Deck 11 at what they call "FunnelVision".

Like he said, the options of things to do are endless.
    Beyond endless. We literally wouldn't have been able to do it all. You'd collapse from exhaustion trying.

We did have to make some choices. There were different things going on at the same time that we wanted to do but sadly, couldn't do both together.

The adult only restaurants are an additional charge of $15 per person for each seating if that is something you want to do instead of the rotational dinning.
    There's actually two different adults only restaurants on the Dream. Palo, like on the Magic and Wonder. And Remy. We only did brunch at Palo. The charge there has gone up to $20 per person. But it's totally worth it.

Remy we didn't do. This is the adults only exclusive restaurant on a par with Victoria and Alberts at the GF. The charge here is $75 per person.

Oh... did I mention I rode the AquaDuck?

Tom (... still working on the "more to come" bit...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, thanks for the updates for the Dream. I can't believe Remy is $75 per person. WOW!

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 256391
    I can't believe Remy is $75 per person. WOW!
    Neither could we!

Nor Slowhand or our other dining partners. That's why none of us ate there!

Tom(... maybe later...)