Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It seems so strange to share this with you, as if I'm not really talking about myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    It's taken me until now to have the strength, or perhaps courage to post this here.

Mama has died. She left us suddenly on May 30.

I've been home. We've done all the things you do when something like this happens. I stood next to my Da. I'm the oldest, you see. Her children draped the pall. Her grandchildren were her pall bearers. Her great grandchildren presented the Blessed Mother with orchids. Mama, devoted to the Blessed Mother, carried orchids when she married Da. Her priest spoke of what she meant to him; shared his sadness and loss and spoke of something that made no sense to me. I can't find any rejoicing in any of this. People I haven't seen in 40 or more years came to say goodbye. Car after car after car in the cortege. None of it makes any sense. None of it. None.

My Da is still in shock; lost. As am I.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I am SO SO sorry to hear about your mum. I know you held her so dear. May she Rest in Peace sweetie.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry Tink, let our strength be yours. Always here when you need me Sis. How lucky you are to have had her for your mother.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no words. You know that my heart is with you always and it is breaking for you and your family. Anything you need..please let us know. Take it one small step at a time..that is all you can do and all you should expect of yourself. Hold your family close and remember to breath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tink i am so so sorry, i am truely heartbroken for you :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family. xx

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink I'm so sorry for your loss and heartache

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink,so sorry for your sad news.
    Thinking of you.X

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sad to read this Tink, losing a parent is devastating.

When I lost my dad I only coped by completely blocking it out for a while and sort of pretending he was still there.

We all cope in different ways with our loss.

All the people that came to pay their respects and show how much she meant to them.

How lucky were you to have her as your mama and how lucky she was to have you as a daughter

Sandra
    Sandra

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    TINK so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast