Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Orlando Mall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the best orlando mall to go for shopping?

We'll be staying at all star movies? are they all a really long way away if so we'll have to get a cab, how much would that be?

I've heard of premium outlet mall and think I've been past it but never been. :o

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkTink, post: 26

We'll be staying at all star movies? are they all a really long way away if so we'll have to get a cab, how much would that be?

I've heard of premium outlet mall and think I've been past it but never been. :o
    Premium outlets are really close to Disney so if you have to get a cab, it may cost you $20 or less versus $40 to get to one of the others. It's mainly designer clothes outlets not THAT much else but a decent food court with a subway which is nice after all that disney food

Florida mall is probably my favourite :D it has the best variety of shops, some expensive some not. JC penny there for cheapy clothes with loads of discounts. Apple store, camera store (ritz), chemist, book shop and so on. They also have a food court which isnt great and a ruby tuesday which is nice for a snack.

Mall at Millenia is a newer mall and much more upmarket. Again, less variety than the florida mall, mainly upmarket designer clothes stores. Apple store there too and some nice restaurants including cheesecake factory and p f changs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkTink, post: 26

The nearest mall to disney is the premium outlet mall which will cost $20 each way from all stars and take 10 minutes to get there. The mall at millenia and florida mall will cost about $40 each way and take 20-25 minutes to get there.
    The premium outlet mall has lots of designer wear but at much lower prices than the designer filled mall at millenia. You can get lots of bargains at the premium outlet mall and your pound goes a lot further.
    The florida mall is much bigger than both the premium outlet mall and the millenia mall and has both designer and non designer shops. I prefer this mall above the other two choices. There are plenty of places to eat as it has a large food court catering to every taste. The choices of shops are much more varied as well.
    If you like designer wear and love labels then the mall at millenia is for you. They have burberry,chanel,jimmy choo and for the diamond divas the sparkling "tiffanys". The ladies will be in heaven and their poor husbands credit cards will take a hammering. The mall at millenia comprises a fantastic chinese restaurant called pf changs and also the lovely chessecake factory with a vast menu. They also have a small food court.
    All three places have something for everyone so wherever you choose you will have a great shopping experience. Happy shopping !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Florida mall the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like florida mall, prime and premuim outlets
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Most definitely another vote for the Florida Mall! Although I would not attempt to visit without a car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to take a cab to the Premium Mall (or any mall) it's best to get one from DTD. It'll be somewhat less expensive.

Much of determining where you want to go is to decide on what it is you want to purchase. Some malls are better suited for some purchases than others. Premium Outlet is a mall set up (open air) but it is an outlet setting. For the most part you get seconds and merchandise made for an outlet shop and not things that you'd find in a full retail mall. Personally, other than the Disney shop there, I'm not a huge fan of Premium. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of shopping at all.

Unless it is for food. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Premium Outlets, but as others have said it's mostly clothing. But there's a Starbucks there which makes it a winner in my book. :D

If you're looking for a more varied place then the Florida Mall will probably be your best bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 3288
    I like Premium Outlets, but as others have said it's mostly clothing. But there's a Starbucks there which makes it a winner in my book. :D

If you're looking for a more varied place then the Florida Mall will probably be your best bet.
    & subway which is REALLY nice after all the Disney burgers :)

The Florida Mall is my favourite though. Loads of different stores, apple store for those who like that :) (and multiple starbucks!)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 3254
    If you are going to take a cab to the Premium Mall (or any mall) it's best to get one from DTD. It'll be somewhat less expensive.
    This is a really good tip! It can save $25 each way or so depending on which resort you're staying at!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast