1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

18 more days

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Dishazo, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Dishazo

Dishazo Earning my ears

I am 48 and my daughters are 25 & 22, been to Disney 4 times and will be there in 18 days for 5 days. We are so exited as if we were little kids. So, so looking forward to spending those days with them. We will have the last few days of the wine fest and also go to the Christmas party. Any other ideas would be helpful. Have a great day everyone. :yes:
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You are going at a perfect time to take advantage of the food and wine and the Christmas party :D

It sounds like you are going to have a great time with your girls. Don't forget to go to Buest Services and pick up some badges to wear, they have a selection, one just says Celebrating.

When you go the Christmas Party it shouldn't be too busy as its one fo the early ones, but if you want to get a photo with all 7 dwarfs, then head over to Splash Mountain as soon as possible and you should be lucky. Oh and don't forget your hot cholcolate and cookies, they are really nice :D

What parks are you planning on visiting?
  3. Dishazo

Dishazo Earning my ears

Thanks I will pick those badges. My plan is to go to all the parks. But the day we arrive the marathon will be going on. So not sure about what to do on Saturday or if the parks will be crowded on Sunday. Any ideas on parks and which day to visit?
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The parks shouldn't be too bad as just before Thanksgiving it does get a little quieter.

If you don't want to try a park on the Saturday, why not go to Downtown Disney, I love strolling around there, going in an out of the shops. I can recommend the Earl of Sandwich for something to a snack eat and then pop over to Ghiradelli's for an ice cream afterwards. You can sit outside in both places and "people watch" In the eveing they normally have some entertainment in DTD all the way to West Side, it is really good fun :yes:

I would probably avoid the Magic Kingdom on the Sunday as it will be very busy, if it was me I'd go to Epcot because it is so big it doesn't seem to get too crowded. Having said that if it is the last Sunday of the Food and Wine Festival, there is every chance that World Showcase will be packed :sorry:

You need to look at this calendar and see when the extra magic hours are for the parks when you are there, guests staying at WDW resort hotels get an extra hour in the morning before the park opens and for now an extra 3 hours after park closing.