Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney hotel or villa?

Post Thanks / Like
    Question to those of you who stay at disney resorts or villas, which one do you prefer?

I'm really torn between the two. I want the magic but then again the space of a villa sounds great too

Post Thanks / Like
    Never stayed onsite even before we had our own villa.

We like our own company and the comforts of a home and if we want to see lots of other people we can go out and do so.

To fit everyone into 1 or 2 rooms isn't for us. We like to relax and not have to keep to timetables etc.

I know people who stay onsite love being in amongst the whole mix and go back again and again.

It's just personal choice

Have you thought of a split stay? We've had guests who have done a week onsite and then a week in the villa. Then you have the best of both worlds.

I'm sure you'll be happy whatever you decide on.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed in a villa on our first two trips and have stayed onsite everytime since then. While the villa was lovely I prefer to be in the middle of everything, we never cooked in the villa and hardly used the pool! I like to spend time in the resort (although we don't spend any time in the room apart from sleeping so the space is not an issue to us). I go to Florida for WDW. I'm not very good at 'chilling' so I like to have stuff to do at all times and staying onsite gives me that!

I think like Sandra suggests a split stay would be perfect if you are undecided, I would probably do onsite first followed by the more relaxing stay in a villa afterwards.

The decision really all depends on what you want out of a holiday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    we would love to stay in a villa but as there is just 2 of us its alot more expensive than staying in a hotel :)

Post Thanks / Like
    id love to stay onsite but i think i could only do it for a few days, i couldnt afford a full 2 week stay in a resort hotel. so a villa for me everytime :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the polynesian may have spoiled us but every night on the beach watching the fireworks, the luau right there, a short ride to the magic kingdom. I don't think I could swap that for staying off site

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 255517
    we would love to stay in a villa but as there is just 2 of us its alot more expensive than staying in a hotel :)
    I think you will find a villa is not more expensive than a good hotel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed onsite once at the Poly and whilst it was nice, I missed the villa. It was nice being on the monorail so we didn't have to drive to MK or Epcot, there was the Disney atmosphere, but in a villa it is nice to leave it behind for a while.

I just like having the extra room, having the pool to myself, not having to go out for breakfast or dinner.

Sitting by the pool in the morning, listening to the birds, drinking a nice cup of tea and eating toast is a relaxing way to start the day :D

I really don't think I could go back to a hotel room again.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 255698
    We've stayed onsite once at the Poly and whilst it was nice, I missed the villa. It was nice being on the monorail so we didn't have to drive to MK or Epcot, there was the Disney atmosphere, but in a villa it is nice to leave it behind for a while.

I just like having the extra room, having the pool to myself, not having to go out for breakfast or dinner.

Sitting by the pool in the morning, listening to the birds, drinking a nice cup of tea and eating toast is a relaxing way to start the day :D

I really don't think I could go back to a hotel room again.
    I enjoyed my time at the villa.Up early cup off coffee at pool then went to PUBLIX for fresh bread and then had breakfast and usually had lunch at villa but always went out for dinner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I truly like both I think a split stay would be pretty perfect but then I bet when I moved I'd miss the one I moved from

I do love being onsite. Take a bus to a park and back, so we can both have a drink or three :) the feel of being in the magic and so on.

The villa was great for getting away from it all and we'll certainly stay at a villa again
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast