Thread: beware of Orlando Pizza "scams"

Post Thanks / Like
    Pizza flyer scams still going strong in Orlando hotels

There's a huge scam at the moment where people put flyers under your hotel door for pizzas or other fast food. All they do is steal your credit card information!!!!!

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/orlando...ost-got-burned

Post Thanks / Like
    I also saw this information the USA Today site.

A pizza place should not need a 1-800 number for a local pizza. I always stick with the known places, unless I'm going out to try out a local favorite place.

The big chains here in the states are Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, and Dominos.

If it's questionable ask the front desk if they know of the place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry Howie's, Little Cesar are two others. Also, Flippers is a local Orlando shop.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    When we went for the first time we had flippers loooooads, they were lovely!
    On our last trip we had a flyer put under our hotel door a couple of times, didnt ever use it though

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember too, if you are staying on Disney property (at a Disney resort) there are limited outside delivery restaurants that are allowed on Property. I'd always check with the front desk to be safe before ordering something to be delivered.

Otherwise, if off property you can always just check in a phone book (every resort will have one) under businesses for places that deliver. That way you won't fall prey to the unscrupulous criminals that seem to come up with something new every day.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The couple resorts we have stayed at off property (Buena Vista Palace & Calypso Cay) have warnings about this in the room and at the front desks. I'm sure most others do as well. Another option is just to go pick up the pizza yourself.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    If I wasn't ordering from a well know establishment I wouldn't be giving out my CC#. I'd tell them I would pay in cash on delivery.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix