Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you had to leave out one park, which one?

Post Thanks / Like
    defo AK for me.

im also in agreement that DHS is looking a bit tired and needs something there, what, i dont know
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 255753
    im also in agreement that DHS is looking a bit tired and needs something there, what i dont know
    Bringing back Superstar Television would be huge in my book. The Monsters, Inc roller coaster would also add some additional oomph to the park.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 255754
    Bringing back Superstar Television would be huge in my book. The Monsters, Inc roller coaster would also add some additional oomph to the park.
    whats superstar television, never heard of that?

it needs something, the only addition i can think of when i first went in 2000 to nw is the sorcerers hat
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    EPCOT and AK are my favorites, so I'd never leave one of those two out!

DHS for me. Nothing much there at all interests me, and I find the park essentially boring.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 255784
    EPCOT and AK are my favorites, so I'd never leave one of those two out!

DHS for me. Nothing much there at all interests me, and I find the park essentially boring.
    It is all down to personel preference the one I always i go to is EPCOT I call it the park for grownups

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 255763
    whats superstar television, never heard of that?
    <table class="wikitable"><tbody><tr><th>Name</th> <th>Attraction Type</th> <th>Description</th> </tr> <tr> <td>Superstar Television</td> <td>Interactive stage show</td> <td>Here, guests could re-enact famous scenes from television history. Using chroma-key technology, the on-stage guests would be shown on TV monitors in the theatre appearing opposite famous celebrities. For example, a female guest would play Ethel Mertz alongside Lucille Ball's Lucy Ricardo in the famous candy factory scene from I Love Lucy. In another example, a guest would appear on the set of The Tonight Show being interviewed by Johnny Carson. It originally opened on May 1, 1989. It closed on September 26, 1998 and was replaced by Disney's Doug Live!. The theatre was renovated to host a new live-action show, the American Idol Experience, inspired by the hit television series of the same name and opened in February 2009.</td></tr></tbody></table>

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd have to say Disney's Hollywood Studios as it's my least fave Disney park.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can do DHS in 1/2 day (I really only ride Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster and watch Beauty & The Beast) and then spend the rest of the day at Epcot. Bonus is getting to ride the boat to Epcot. A nice naptime.

If it's hot, the best parks to be are Epcot (more indoor rides/attractions) and Animal Kingdom (more vegetative canopy...aka shade).
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 256274
    If it's hot, the best parks to be are Epcot (more indoor rides/attractions) and Animal Kingdom (more vegetative canopy...aka shade).
    Interesting you should say this about AK as most say it is the hottest park to be in. However, I'm with you Gwennie

Post Thanks / Like
    I think DHS is the hottest park. I'm broiling by noon there. I don't think there are many shady places around. And even standing in line for RR and TOT, you're in the shade for a while but it's still hot because the fans don't circulate the air all that well.

I'd skip DHS, in the summer and AK in the winter. I took the parental units to AK in January one time and it was so cold there were hardly any animals out and about! Just sayin'...

The "hot spots" at AK would be standing in line for the Nemo show and EE.

"Hot spots" at MK is anywhere out in the open LOL! For instance the main pathways through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and in front of the castle. It gets pretty warm standing and waiting for the 3pm parade, no matter what time of year if you're in the sun.

"Hot spots" at Epcot are also the main open pathways. But like I said earlier, there are plenty of indoor air-conditioned opportunities around. You don't really have to stand outdoors waiting in line for things. My fave new shady, quiet place to enjoy my margarita outdoors is the handicap ramp up the right side of the temple in MX. Another great quiet shady spot outdoors is in France on the other side of the perfume shop. Nice shady planters to sit on and enjoy your champagne. Two more indoor, air-conditioned, little-used areas are the Art of Adornments exhibit in Morocco and the Anime exhibit in Japan.
    Gwen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast