Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where do you like to eat on your first and last nights

Post Thanks / Like
    where do you like to eat on your first and last nights ? I guess it becomes a tradition right?

ponderosa has been suggested to us but never having tried one we're not too sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Our traditional first night is Hoop Dee Doo Review. We have no last night tradition.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have a first night or last night favouite but we do have a list of restaurants that we enjoy and we try to get through the list each visit.

From our experience, I would give Ponderosa a miss, if you want a buffet which is inexpensive then I would suggest Golden Corral - the one opposite Celebraion on the 192 ( around Marker 8) is nice.

It's not one on our list but our boys enjoy it so occasionally we drop them off and they eat and then later myself and husband go out somewhere else for a childfree dinner ( our eldest is 19 so don't worry I don't leave nippers home alone)

Here's an old thread on the 2:- http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/res...ponderosa.html

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree with Sandra, Golden Corral is far better than Ponderosa. We don't have a first night tradition as we are usually too tired and just grab a Pizza or something. Our last night is Bahama Breeze on IDrive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor, post: 255834
    I would agree with Sandra, Golden Corral is far better than Ponderosa. We don't have a first night tradition as we are usually too tired and just grab a Pizza or something. Our last night is Bahama Breeze on IDrive...
    There's a new Bahama Breeze opened on the 192 at Rolling Oaks

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 255827
    Our traditional first night is Hoop Dee Doo Review. We have no last night tradition.
    Us too! Hoop dee doo on first and last nights actually

The only thing is, coming from the UK, if the flight is delayed it can get hard to get there in time :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 255841
    Us too! Hoop dee doo on first and last nights actually

The only thing is, coming from the UK, if the flight is delayed it can get hard to get there in time :/
    If I were coming from the UK then I would probably do HDDR on my first FULL night.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    When my kids were younger we always liked to start and end with Chef Mickeys...It gave them a chance to meet the big guy right off the bat and then a chance to say bye to him. Now that they are a bit older(15,10) we dont have a first and last night dinner tradition. We plan our meals based on which park has EMH's.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont have a first or last tradition but the first morning i usually go to PERKINS FOR BREAK FAST so this year I will need to find somewhere else unlessthere is one still open

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    We like Bob Evan's far better than we ever liked Perkin's Robertcraig.

Ponderosa is a definite miss. The food is not nice, and most of it is reconstituted; not fresh at all.

Off site buffets are well avoided. They get terrible scores from the health department and many are often shut down. Sweet Tomatoes is an exception to that (usually).

If we do a buffet we stick with Disney.

Having said all that we never had a dining tradition for first or last night.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast