Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primetime cafe or hollywood and vine?

Post Thanks / Like
    another dilemma !

I can't see very much detail on the 50s primetime, anyone eaten there before please?

How about hollywood and vine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love 50's Primetime. It's what I consider comfort food...meatloaf, chicken, etc. I adore their salad with homemade croutons. And such a fun place to go.

I much prefer it over Hollywood and Vine.

Post Thanks / Like
    50's Primetime Cafe without question!!!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    50's Prime Time wins hands down. We go there every time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too big a chicken to eat at Prime Time. You do know that the CM servers interact with the guests, right? As in, EAT YOUR BEANS or go stand in the corner?

Not been to Hollywood and Vine, but I'd go there before Prime Time. Interaction like that is way too stressful to me.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 256017
    I'm too big a chicken to eat at Prime Time. You do know that the CM servers interact with the guests, right? As in, EAT YOUR BEANS or go stand in the corner?

Not been to Hollywood and Vine, but I'd go there before Prime Time. Interaction like that is way too stressful to me.
    I don't think Dan and Caitlin remember this!

Post Thanks / Like
    We go to 50's Prime time every trip. Our server last time pretty much pulled up a chair and sat with us for our entire lunch - I think he had a heavy night before and it was quiet in there! He was good fun to chat with though so didn't mind at all but it was different to the usual interaction!
    Every other time though it's been DH that has been picked on so that's fine with me!
    Oh and I really like the food in there too

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I don't like is mashed potato which they seem to put with everything, in winter yes bring it on but in 90 degree heat!!! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 256025
    The only thing I don't like is mashed potato which they seem to put with everything, in winter yes bring it on but in 90 degree heat!!! Lol
    Julie, they would happily swap them out for something else. I do it all the time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    50's Prime Time Cafe is my choice.

At 50's basically you are eating in "Mom's" kitchen. Old fashion black and white TVs show bits and pieces of old TV shows like I love Lucy, My Three Sons etc. The staff and servers rollplay that they are related to you.

One visit we were with friends and we finished dinner Our server looked at my friends plate and said "Honey you can't have dessert until you finish all your potatoes." So he replied that he was done. She continues " Now you have to listen to your Aunty Sue" She pickes up a fork full of potates and says " Here's the plane and we're going to park the plane in your hanger now open wide." So she moves her hand with the fork while making plane sounds and my buddy opens his mouth and she parks the mashed potatoes.

I started laughing and she looks at me and scolds me for laughing at my little brother. She grabs me by my ear lobe and I play along as she makes me stand up and go stand in the corner. The other patrons were laughing and taking pictures

The foods okay but it is a fun place. Smores are fantastic!
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast