Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tepan Edo

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got to visit Tepan Edo tonight and I was SO disappointed with it I told them I was a vegetarian but the chef cooked my vegetables with the same utensils as all the meat stuff.. there was actually a bit of meat on my vegetables when they were passed to me. I didn't want to interrupt the chef and spoil everyone's enjoyment so I went and quietly found a server.. a manager stopped me and asked me what was wrong.

They replaced my veggies with ones cooked in the kitchen and gave me some extra noodles. This place is fairly expensive ($18 for what was basically noodles, some brocolli and carrots, with a side of white rice- quick service food standard if you ask me.) and to be honest, we had decided the cooking/eating experience would be worth the price, for my food to get cooked in the kitchen out back and then brought to me when everyone else at our station had already finished eating just wasn't the experience I wanted.

When the bill came I told the manager I was more than willing to pay for my meal, but the price didn't reflect the service or experience I had received and that after looking forward to it for so long, it was a real anti-climax. I explained to her that when you're on vacation, $18 on a meal might not seem very much, but I am on a budget over here and had booked this meal for a week and a half ago, I would hate to think how disappointed I'd have been if I'd have made ADRs! They gave me 20% off the food which just seemed insulting- all I wanted was a sincere apology and I didn't receive it, they made it seem as though I wanted something for nothing!

Not at all happy with that place and I won't be going back again. It was NOT Disney style customer service! I even went to guest relations to let them know as I was so peeved.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's a real shame.

Have to say it is expensive but we had a lovely time there and the chef provided enough entertainment to make us feel we'd had our moneys worth.

Sorry you had a bad time there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to tell you, Josh that I'm pretty disgusted by your experience. If someone had said they were allergic to meat and received that same treatment there would have been far more serious repercussions.

Not preparing your food properly is not acceptable, especially at those prices. It's good that you lodged a formal complaint with guest services. You should always do so when you receive service that is not acceptable.

I hope the rest of your dining experiences are much better!

Take care now and try reallllly hard to not get too much sun! ;)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 256128
    I have to tell you, Josh that I'm pretty disgusted by your experience. If someone had said they were allergic to meat and received that same treatment there would have been far more serious repercussions.

Not preparing your food properly is not acceptable, especially at those prices. It's good that you lodged a formal complaint with guest services. You should always do so when you receive service that is not acceptable.

I hope the rest of your dining experiences are much better!

Take care now and try reallllly hard to not get too much sun! ;)
    To be honest I think had they not known we were cast members we would have been treated very differently. I feel because we had booked it as cast members, they didn't have to treat us like average guests. When I am on my day off and in the park as a guest, then they should treat me exactly like everyone else! :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to ask if they knew you were a CM Josh. You are absolutely right it shouldn't matter, a guest is a guest.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 256204
    I was going to ask if they knew you were a CM Josh. You are absolutely right it shouldn't matter, a guest is a guest.
    I have to say though, other than today, the service has remained the same if not better when they found out I was a CM. They seem to be a lot more chatty and informal but not to the point it ruins the experience. Am I right in thinking Tepan Edo isn't fully owned by Disney?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you are right. It's a leased property. They abide by certain Disney restrictions but are not governed by the same Disney requirements that you are... No excuses, mind! I agree with you. CMs should be treated as well (if not BETTER) than guests. I've seen the easing up between CMs that you speak of, and that is fine, but it shouldn't ever be to the point where the paying CM feels as though s/he has received sub standard service.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 256221
    Yes, you are right. It's a leased property. They abide by certain Disney restrictions but are not governed by the same Disney requirements that you are... No excuses, mind! I agree with you. CMs should be treated as well (if not BETTER) than guests. I've seen the easing up between CMs that you speak of, and that is fine, but it shouldn't ever be to the point where the paying CM feels as though s/he has received sub standard service.
    I could feel the difference between the two managers to be honest, I think one was Disney and the other was from the restaurant's company. The Disney one was the better of the two but still not fantastic!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean Josh, I'm allergic to pork and am always afraid that they will mess up. it takes away from your enjoyment. some years ago we ate at Wilderness Lodge at WCC and I ordered a chicken pasta dish, when I took a bite it tasted off and I asked if there was any pork in it and they said no so I ate about 1/4 of the dish. 2 hours later I was extremely ill and the next day my husband went back and yes there was bacon in the dish (last I knew bacon was pork!!) Not fun when you invest so much $$$$

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing it was carelessness on the part of the cook and partly because of a language barrier?

In the paper down here it seems every week there are restaurants that were cited by the Health Department for various violations. It's mostly because of careless employees. Not necessarily management.
    Gwen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast