Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Friday, shall we have a thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 256163
    A Friday thread, we haven't had one of these for ever :)
    before i start can i just say im loving having our Wendy and Tink back :) i know we all have lives outside of disney but it feels like family and we missed you guys
    Me too
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 256147
    Keith is going to try and relax this weekend, not working and to drink plenty of wine :D

He will also make some plans for his holiday in December, especially trying to find somewhere to eat on Christmas Day.

What does that sound like :D
    yayayay wine hic!

Well Christmas day is still up for grabs :/ no idea at all. Charleys if they're open? Columbia in Celebration perhaps? who knows!

I do have Le cellier in the evening for new years eve though which should be nice
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 256195
    You sound like you are loving every minute hun

I'm so happy for you, you're not going to want to come home
    You're right! July is my last full month here and I'm already dreading going home! Don't get me wrong I will be so pleased to see everyone from back home, and when the time comes I will be excited about going back, but I'm enjoying the whole experience so much, not just the free Disney entry!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Raining today with a blank grey sky so my plans for today .... finish planning our trip for next month. I think I am just about happy with my ADR's etc but saying this, I am in the middle of making ADr's for our Christmas trip and I am chomping at the bit waiting to try and book our Christmas day dinner....we are both at work the day we can book so it will have to wait until evening when I assume there will be little choice.
    Sunday - DH is working so I may do some cleaning, or I may just hang out here :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we are at the hotel in Melbourne.

Yesterday, Herself and I sneaked out of the house leaving the boy and his Da asleep and went to an early breakfast. Unfortunately, we chose Mimi's and it was lousy... ended up sending mine back and just drinking coffee. No real matter though, we were just happy to have an hour to ourselves.

We had an easy drive to Melbourne and the hotel suite was ready when we arrived (five hours ahead of time, great service)! It's the Double Tree Suites in Melbourne. The suites are a bit small, and there is only a shower, no tub in the bathroom, but over all it's nice. We are on the 7th floor (of 9) and have an incredible view of the ocean out the balcony side and a lovely view of the river out the front/entry side.

We had dinner in a little place in Melbourne Beach last evening. Didn't look too promising but came highly recommended. It was quite nice! Seafood that was fresh and cooked properly. The boy has discovered he likes oysters, whole belly clams and scrod to add to his love of scallops and shrimp. Oh, and he likes clam strips too, but prefers the whole belly clams. :D I am teaching him, Mama. I'm trying.

We walked on the beach (the boy ended up soaked from head to toe) before dinner. It did what it was supposed to do. Tire us. No real shells to speak of, well there are shells but nothing fancy. We'll poke a bit today. The sea is very warm, no chill at all.

We ended our walk with having the boy take a dip in the pool while we watched poolside with a Tom Collins. Nice enough.

After dinner we essentially got the child ready for bed, and then sat out on the balcony and listened to the sea.

Some time during the night (but before 10:30 pm) my phone shut itself off (an ongoing problem). I woke this morning and turned it on to learn the time. It was about 5:10 am. I also had several texts, one from my sister. NY has passed a marriage act that allows two adults (regardless of gender) to marry. My first thought was, "I can go home..." then of course, my second thought was, "why?" It's a wonderful thing, allowing same gendered couples to marry and I thank the people and legislators of NY for being responsible enough to do the right thing, even when it's not the most popular thing.

So, here I am, sitting in the business office of the hotel, waiting for the lazies to wake up. ;) I'll probably stroll out on the beach a bit if they don't wake soon.

Oh, there was some rain last night, and may be more today. Of course! I'm at the shore! Why wouldn't it rain?

Will keep you all posted as I can.

Daveann, thank you so much. I've always carried everyone here in my heart, even though I can't be here as much as I want to be.

Issy, good luck with the reservations for Christmas dinner!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved your trip report so far - have a lovely mini break Tink

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Sandra. And thank you for everything else. It's a great comfort to us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 256211
    ............... waiting to try and book our Christmas day dinner....we are both at work the day we can book so it will have to wait until evening when I assume there will be little choice.
    If you want me to phone up for you to book your reservation then let me know :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 256220
    We walked on the beach (the boy ended up soaked from head to toe) before dinner.

Now why doesn't that surprise me

We ended our walk with having the boy take a dip in the pool while we watched Some time during the night (but before 10:30 pm) my phone shut itself off (an ongoing problem). I woke this morning and turned it on to learn the time. It was about 5:10 am. I also had several texts, one from my sister. NY has passed a marriage act that allows two adults (regardless of gender) to marry. My first thought was, "I can go home..." then of course, my second thought was, "why?" It's a wonderful thing, allowing same gendered couples to marry and I thank the people and legislators of NY for being responsible enough to do the right thing, even when it's not the most popular thing.
    thats wonderful news :) but......... I know

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like a fabulous time and more important a relaxing time is being had by all :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123