Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party???

Post Thanks / Like
    I am traveling to the parks in September and was wondering if it would be worth it for 2 grownups to splurge on the MNSSHP or should we just watch the fireworks from the beach at Polynesian? I don't care about candy and we will be doing extra magic hours for MK 2 days before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kimb28, post: 256242
    I am traveling to the parks in September and was wondering if it would be worth it for 2 grownups to splurge on the MNSSHP or should we just watch the fireworks from the beach at Polynesian? I don't care about candy and we will be doing extra magic hours for MK 2 days before.
    hmmm tough call that.

Normally I'd say splurge! we're 2 grownups with no sticky kids to worry about and we love the halloween party. The atmosphere is great and the candy grabbing well, it's a bit of fun ( we got quite competitive as to who got the most candy... dw was winning until we exited the park and a cast member liked my halloween outfit and emptied a huge bag of candy into mine )

BUT is it *worth* the money. Well. it's expensive I guess, the halloween parade is awesome, the candy is nice, the atmosphere all makes it worth it for me but with you doing EMHs the other nights you may be on MK overload!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I love MNSSHP

It's only the 2 of us, we don't have children, but if we are there when the party is on then we go on one of the evenings. We have been 3 times now and there are still things that we haven't been able to see or fit in. There are lots of characters out, it's the only time I can remember seeing Snow White and the 7 dwarfs. Cinderellas Carriage is out so you can have your photo taken Haunted Mansion is brilliant As Keith said you can collect candy and there is a lot of it We had so much last time, we had to leave it in the house for the cleaners because it was too much weight to take home with us

It is expensive, but we don't stay onsite so we don't get the benefit of EMH. If you can afford the extra then I would say go for it

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We did MNSSHP 2 years ago and it was great. We didnt realize that it was going on until we arrived.We also werent sure if we wanted to spend the extra money on it and I am so glad we did. It was a blast and would love to do it again.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same thing, we are staying at disney so im not sure if weather to spend the extra money,

Also I dont know if my 3 year old will still be awake to appreciate the night.

Kate

1999- Orlando villa holiday
    2000- Orlando villa holiday and married at lake toho.
    2011 - animal kingdom lodge club, first trip for our son age 3
    2014-planning stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love MNSSHP

id do it everytime as we go in oct. yes its expensive, we go as soon as your allowed in, we spend the day at the villa by the pool. so really its just another days ticket for us the kids love it too and they were 23 & 19 last trip
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by katycoco, post: 256263
    I was wondering the same thing, we are staying at disney so im not sure if weather to spend the extra money,

Also I dont know if my 3 year old will still be awake to appreciate the night.

Kate
    There is an early parade for younger children with the fireworks just after. I think it would depend on how late your little one is used to staying up. When we went with our friends, their youngest was 5 and she was OK until about 10pm and then she was tired so they left.

If it was me, I would probably get her to have a sleep in the afternoon, and then go to the party. A lot of the children wear fancy dress - quite a few adults as well If you've got her stroller, she could always sleep in that if it was getting later.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you love Hallow'een, then definitely go.
    We're 2 adults and we loved it. We both dressed up a bit and had a fun evening, with lots of cheery conversations with CMs etc.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's scary!

And fun!

We do it every time we're down there at Halloween time. Ergo, the above video! That was from when we were down there with Mr. and Mrs. Slowhand.

Tom (... grim grinning ghosts... and all that!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 256388
    If you love Hallow'een, then definitely go.
    We're 2 adults and we loved it. We both dressed up a bit and had a fun evening, with lots of cheery conversations with CMs etc.
    i seem to remember a lil devil one year
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast