Thread: Where is there a nice beach ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking while we're at disney we could go and find a nice beach for a relaxing afternoon

I've looked at a map and now Im not sure, the nearest look like a long way away

any help?

Post Thanks / Like
    The closest Atlantic Ocean beach is Cocoa Beach. It's clean, has a decent public area and has a small selection of restaurants. It's a great beach for a picnic (and you can buy what you need for a picnic in the Publix that is "right next to" the beach.

The closest Gulf Coast Beach would probably be Tampa...

I'm an Atlantic Ocean sort of person, so it's the east coast for me all the way.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always been more of a Gulf Coast kind of guy. Clearwater Beach is a great area or Sand Key which is just south of Clearwater beach over the bridge. There is also Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island just north of Clearwater.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I also love the Gulf Coast beaches, Siesta Key is gorgeous, so is Fort De Soto,St Pete's, all those are lovely and about an hour and a quarter to an hour and a half drive

Sandra
    Sandra

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gulf coast is the best for me never been to DATONA or COCOA BEACH.Also love ST AUGUSTINE BEACH but that is a bit far from ORLANDO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm loving these tips as that is what i would like to do next time. you dont want to travel too far if you are going for just the day, these beaches mentioned are just the right distance if you are staying near disney

Post Thanks / Like
    ive been to clearwater on the gulf coast, and cocoa beach on the atlantic coast. both were good and both different. the atlantic coast was more choppy so good for body boarding. but i preferred the gulf coast it was just awesome :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008