Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tips for saving feet when walking around Disneyworld?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered if anyone had any tips for how to keep feet happy whilst walking miles and miles round Disneyworld?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to wear tennis shoes/trainers every day. However, since I switched to Tevas several years ago, my feet have felt much better.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use Tevas now too. Best walking shoes/sandals that I have found.

The first year I went, I wore my tennis shoes that I had been wearing as my everyday shoe. I ended up with a blister the size of a 50 cent piece. I was in so much pain. It popped as I was walking to a bus stop one evening. If I thought it hurt while still intact, then I was seriously mistaken as it burned much worse afterwards.

This led me to spend money on the Tevas, now I wouldn't wear anything else. I didn't want to spend the money at first, then after that first trip I changed my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    On mornings we know we are going to be in the parks for most of the day I just take a couple of Aleve with a full glass of water and I'm fine all day. Not only does it help the feet it helps all the other aches and pains you might get from walking all day.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Proper fitting footwear (and hose/socks). Whatever works best for your feet. Don't make it new "shoes." You'll be aching before the first hour, and as foreverducky said, blisters are no fun what so ever. Should you begin to get a blister though, head right to first aid. There are some pretty amazing bandaids/plasters there that will help.

Teva is a brand of sandal that works well for many. Ecco is another brand, as are Keene. Some folks really like Crocs and swear by them. I used to wear them all the time, then found that I no longer could.

Whatever you do wear/bring. Be sure to have at least one other pair of comfortable foot wear. You will most likely get your "shoes" wet at some point and wet shoes are pretty uncomfortable.

Be sure the footwear is light weight and something that you can adjust as your feet swell a bit with heat and all the walking.

It amazes me to see some people at WDW with nothing more than thin rubber sandals (thongs) or high heels, or heavy workboots! I just don't know how their poor feet can take that sort of "abuse."

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear Clark's un structured sandals, they have air soles and are like slippers and they keep my feet cool.

On the odd occasion I wear my trainers, my feet ache like mad, so it's normally sandals everywhere for me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    the last time we were there my feet were swolen after the flight and by the time we found our room at pop centry i had horrific blisters on the bottom of my feet. i can tell you were every first aid station is in the disney parks visited them all and had to buy 3 different pairs of shoes i was in agony for the week and didnt make the walk around world showcase they were so bad. Dave has some video of them which i only saw when we got home not a bit of wonder they hurt what a state they were. Never again

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a sneakers girl. Gimme a nice pair of Nikes and I'm good to go.

I've only worn flip flops when I knew I was only going to a park for not longer than 8-10 hrs. I did alright. (Put sunscreen on the tops of your feet...and reapply throughout the day).

I did make the mistake of wearing really flat hard-soled sandals once. I thought I was only going to go to Epcot for a couple hrs. and not really wander around a lot. WRONG! I ended up walking around World Showcase at least 3 times and then later decided to go to MK and was there until like, midnight or 1am.
    I woke up the next morning with a broken blood vessel on the ball of my foot. I could hardly walk for 3 days. It was really gross after a while...

WEAR PROPER, COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR!
    Don't worry about looking "cute". That's the character's jobs.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear trainers and good quality sports socks that wick any water away from the skin. I think the important thing is to train for it, I don't think you can reasonably expect to go from doing no walking to walking miles a day suddenly without issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good quality cotton socks. Take a spare pair with you to change into, if you're out for a full day.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast