Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what job do you do? do you like it? how did you get into it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I work at the local college in admin (based in the student office)

I truly love my job and all that goes with it. No two days are the same.

If i could swap - my dream job would be to work with big cats in some way.

Post Thanks / Like
    work in the cash office of a large shop and love it :)
    i took a step down from a supervisor role last november from a job i hated it was a big leap into the unknown but so far its been the best move i made i really enjoy it :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I trained as a chef - worked as a pastry chef in a large IBM staff restaurant, then had 10 years off work with the children and I am now a dinner lady (sorry food service assistant! )! Work now is convenient, part time and term time only - I don't love it and would rather still be at home but it's OK once I get there!!

In a dream world I would be a star in the West End - but I can't sing, dance or act so not too likely!!

Real world - I would like to own a tea room/cake shop or at the very least work in one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Detective with the NYPD and have been for 19 years and 6 months. I followed in my fathers foot steps, we even had the same badge numbers. I have had a front row seat for the greatest show on earth and wouldnt change it for any other job in the world but I am getting burnt out and I am ready for a change. I am nearing eligibility for retirement but havent made up my mind if I am leaving at the end of the year. I have plans to move to Florida in the next 5-10 years and would probably look for a job with an insurance company as an investigator. Like John I would rather be a bartender in WDW.
    Fantasy job would have been a professional hockey or baseball player

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    1. What job do you do now?

2. How did you get into it?

3. Do you enjoy it?

4. If you could swap, what WOULD you like to be doing?]

Currently I'm a Cast Member at the animation courtyard in Hollywood Studios! I work at the Little Mermaid show as well as Disney Jr Live on Stage! I'm a college program participant and I'm only here for three months but I absolutely love my job! I wouldn't consider it as a career choice but I love it.

My ideal job would be a journalist, either broadcast or print as a foreign correspondent.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently work as a Vocational Counselor. In a nutshell, I help people with disabilities find and keep gainful employment.

I went to graduate school for Rehabilitation Counseling. I was going for licensure in counseling and fell into the voc part.

I do love it. It's very rewarding. And stressful.

If I could do anything in the world? I would love to be an awesome singer except I can't sing that great.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I work in a rehabilitation service for older people. I do love my job but I'm becoming very weary, resources are getting more and more stretched and sadly I think it's not going to improve. I used to get stressed about it but now I'm apathetic, maybe that's a sign that I need a change!

Dream job.....a restaurant critic, photographer, something like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    1. I own an Internet service provider/hosting company that provides companies with email servers, database services and so on in "the cloud" so they dont need to have machines sitting in the corner of their own buildings.

2. I've always worked in the Internet and when a couple of us saw an opportunity to set something new up, we did.

3. hmmmm long hours, mucho stress. I mainly enjoy it but ever present red tape and increasing tax burdens make the eventual pay off less and less worth the hassle in the UK.

4. Well the older I get, the more I think John's idea of WDW bartender is a good one. On bad days I'd want to do something simple like bartender, on positive days I'd want to be president of guest experience at wdw or something like that.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257175
    long hours, mucho stress..
    The hours you work really are too long

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. What job do you do now?

I used to be a Teacher's assistant until I had my youngest two, currently work two days a week in my son's SEN school whilst doing CACHE Level 2 certificate in support and learning in schools before doing the Level 3 diploma I'll need to work in an SEN school (hopefully).

2. How did you get into it?

Originally, started as a volunteer mum until asked by the class teacher to consider applying for an upcoming vacancy. This time round I needed something to relieve the boredom of ironing etc.

3. Do you enjoy it?

Absolutely love it. I do one day with Penguin class (Reception, year 1 and year 2) and the other with Portland class (Years 6, 7 & 8).

4. If you could swap, what WOULD you like to be doing?

Can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing, although I'd give working at The Town Hall in The Magic Kingdom a shot for a couple of weeks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast