Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been on a ride that has broken down?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it happens, but has anyone actually been on a ride when it has broken down

I've had the usual Spaceship Earth one when you are going backwards, but that's normally because they are letting guests in and out.

We've also been on Pirate of the Caribbean when it stopped and we had to listen to Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me - it's enough to send you crazy

I would hate to get stuck on one of the coasters, that's part of the reason I don't go on them ..................well and because I'm a coward

So what ride have you been on that's broken down

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Space ship earth and jaws at universal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Small World in the white room.

Also the Universe of Energy when it was in its original form our car broke down in the middle of the dinosaurs. The CMs with us let us stand up and take photos until it became clear we were really broken so had to get out and walk through the rest of the attraction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't an attraction for us but we were in the Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool waiting on the waves.

And waiting....

And waiting....

And waiting....

After about a half hour of this nonsense, I asked a CM when the waves came. His reply...
    about every 90 seconds when it's working.
    Sigh...

Tom (... why yes, thank you. I do feel rather stoopid!)

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i have: back to the future and spiderman @ universal
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Loads and loads of times on Test Track, the worst being having waited for ages and ages in line on a busy day and we were just next in line to get in a car when it broke down. Waited ages until they ended up evacuating.

Space Mountain. Similar thing but this time actually sitting in the car waiting to set off. They evacuated but started with those actually out on the ride so we were the last off as had to be moved backwards to the on/off point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. A few years ago I was on Test Track with my youngest son, my brother and one of his boys. We had done the inside and were flying round the outside when on a turn it suddenly stopped. We sat and sat and sat, nothing. Then it decided to absolutely pour down and we all got absolutely drenched.

We all got t-shirts at compensation for getting wet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJohn, post: 256827
    Yes. A few years ago I was on Test Track with my youngest son, my brother and one of his boys. We had done the inside and were flying round the outside when on a turn it suddenly stopped. We sat and sat and sat, nothing. Then it decided to absolutely pour down and we all got absolutely drenched.

We all got t-shirts at compensation for getting wet!
    That is just bad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Haunted Mansion. Every time. Once my mom & I got stuck for a HALF HOUR. We were in the last doom buggy before the safety bar raises so we were SOOOOO close to the end! We still had to wait for someone to release the bar because ma didn't think she would be able to crawl out.

I've also had to wait an exhorbitant amount of time to get off of Small World. That was torture. The boats were backed up like, 8-10 boats. We were stuck all the way back in the "blue world" room. Torturous.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Haunted mansion when we did KTTK tour, its a small world and theres another one aswell but i cant remember what it was!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast