Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What strange things have you seen at Disney World

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years back we rented a boat from GF and went on the lake for a while. When we were going from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge via the campground, we saw a tree in the water with shoes hanging off it.

When we returned to shore, we asked the Cast Member what it was and he said "when CMs finally leave their job at WDW, they take their shoes and hang them on that tree so that a part of them stays with Disney forever"

Now I have no idea if that is true or if he was teasing We have some photos somewhere I'll see if I can find them.

Has anyone else seen the tree or anything else that is different from the usual Disney sights

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: The Shoe Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 256758
    Has anyone else seen the tree
    This is the first I have heard of this. I have never seen this tree but have noticed an odor coming from Bay Lake when the wind is blowing a certain direction.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that this is really strange, but the irony of it makes me chuckle. During my first trip to the very family oriented and wholesome WDW I sat next to a man and his mistress on the safari ride in AK. I know this as they were talking about his wife.

Yes, it's a reality in the real world, but come on, this is disney. Cheat somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 256794
    but come on, this is disney. Cheat somewhere else.

Tom (... owner of strong opinions!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a reality in the real world, but come on, this is disney. Cheat somewhere else.
    Maybe his wife hates Disney?

At the very least don't talk about it openly.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how strange this is but...

One year, we were riding the bus to one of the parks from POR. The bus was pretty crowded but we had a seat and were happy about it. Overheard the people in the seat in front of us talking about the weather back where they were from. We'd been having a horrible drought so were interested to hear what these people were saying about their weather. Well, they were having a horrible drought also.

Why is that so strange?

Because, as it turned out, they live right across the street from us!

Small World... innit?

Tom (... why yes. We were surprised.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that this is really strange, but the irony of it makes me chuckle. During my first trip to the very family oriented and wholesome WDW I sat next to a man and his mistress on the safari ride in AK. I know this as they were talking about his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 256801
    Maybe his wife hates Disney?

At the very least don't talk about it openly.
    should it really matter to anyone else tho...just saying
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    During my college program in the fall of 05 I was eating lunch in the cast member cafeteria in the tunnels of MK, and sitting at the table next to us was two cinderallas, belle, snow whit and maleficent. Just talking and kidding around like it was normal. which to them it was. But to me that was pretty surreal.

Post Thanks / Like
    A favorite pasttime for our family while visiting Walt Disney World is what my husband and brother term as "creeping". They edge into someone else's picture and get the other to take a photo of them in the other party's photo. Sounds crazy, but they sure have a ball and the photos have made for fantastic scrapbook pages, not to mention new friends when someone finally spots them and says, "What the HECK are you doing?????"

Once on the POP bus, we watched a lady remove a headful of rollers and style her hair. Her husband held the mirror for her the whole way to Magic Kingdom.
    ColeeC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeeC, post: 262639
    A favorite pasttime for our family while visiting Walt Disney World is what my husband and brother term as "creeping". They edge into someone else's picture and get the other to take a photo of them in the other party's photo. Sounds crazy, but they sure have a ball and the photos have made for fantastic scrapbook pages, not to mention new friends when someone finally spots them and says, "What the HECK are you doing?????"

Once on the POP bus, we watched a lady remove a headful of rollers and style her hair. Her husband held the mirror for her the whole way to Magic Kingdom.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast