Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a camera!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh i like the look of the first one! Ive had a nose through the argos book today and was drawn to one quite similar to that (i wasnt planning on buying from argos) id definately go into a shop and have a good look and feel seeing as its a big buy for me.
    What have i got now? Erm, im not sure cus i pulled the sticker off! Let me have a proper look at it!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/sony-dsc-w200.cfm
    This is what ive got. It does take decent photos, but it has a completely rubbish zoom and no kind of sports setting on it, so you really have to be in the vicinity and have a still subject to take a photo!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 257106
    Oooh i like the look of the first one! Ive had a nose through the argos book today and was drawn to one quite similar to that (i wasnt planning on buying from argos) id definately go into a shop and have a good look and feel seeing as its a big buy for me.
    give me a little while longer. I'm having second thoughts on your behalf

I should explain, I don't "do" superzooms. I have tiny cameras for my pocket and larger DSLRs so I emailed a couple of people I know who really know these superzooms. So far they're saying don't touch the sx30 :/ so that's me told isn't it?

I'm waiting for more info....
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats really kind of you to do that Keith, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 257110
    Thats really kind of you to do that Keith, thank you!
    He's not bad is he :D

Chris has been looking at the SX220 for me, he said the SX230 has gps built into it which you don't need and it will just run the battery down.

The zoom you have now is 4x, we have a canon with a 8x zoom and that is rubbish for concerts or anything a long way away in low light. A friend's daughter has a Panasonic Luminex (I don't know which one) and that eats away at the batteries.

I'll be interested to see what Keith comes up with :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one of the photos i took with my camera, its not too bad considering the sort of camera i have - but its the one that made me think, hmmmm if only i had a better one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    OK thanks for the picture, Chris said it looks as if it was taken at too slow a speed or you've moved when you've taken it which is why it's slightly blurred.

He said that the difference between the zoom you have now and if you were to have a 14x zoom it would make his head about 5 times bigger in the shot.

We are off out now, but hopefully Keith will get back to you soon. He said he can't tell you which sites they are now because he's turned his laptop off, but there are some sites that you show you the difference as you zoom out. He'll look tomorrow, unless Keith can remember them :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks wendy - and chris! There arent too many settings on my camera, theres really only 2 which i use that makes the photos come out good. The one i used to take that photo means that i can zoom in up to x6, i assumed it was a blurry as zooming in that far makes it more sensitive so any slight movement blurs it.
    Make his head 5 times bigger?! I assume the rest of his body will be 5 times bigger aswell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Make me swoon, love Bon Jovi! He's yummy!

A couple years ago I took my new dslr to a concert to see Gary Allan and I felt so lucky when my photos came back. I remember looking around and seeing folks with the itty-bitty cameras, and thinking, mine will be so much better. And well, they were. My photos of Gary, were fantastic.

I'm like Keith and have the small pocket and a dslr.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had the most incredible night FD, they were amazing! No fancy sets, no fancy lights, nothing over the top - just them, and they were absolutely fantastic!
    I look at my photos i took alot, i am pleased with them - they make me think was i really there?! But, i cant help thinking about *next time*
    You must be really pleased you took your dslr to the concert

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast