Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a camera!

Post Thanks / Like
    So pleased! When you get a super zoom camera you will get even better shots! There are definitely times and places where a good zoom is essential, and well while watching really hot guys sing is one of those times.

When people are good you don't need all the glitz and glamor. Just play a good song and we'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 257139
    So pleased! When you get a super zoom camera you will get even better shots! There are definitely times and places where a good zoom is essential, and well while watching really hot guys sing is one of those times.

When people are good you don't need all the glitz and glamor. Just play a good song and we'll be there.
    Completely agree, with everything you say!

Post Thanks / Like
    Still awaiting a couple of replies...

I do want to say though that concert photography is very difficult even for pros with the proper kit. Have a look at http://www.musicxtra.net Mary Evans whose site that is, has learnt from the ground up from a sony superzoom and now uses a canon 40d with 50mm 1.8 and 24-70 2.8. All the shots you see there will have been done therefore with a fairly normal DSLR and one very cheap lens (50quid) and one quite expensive (1000quid) lens.

She has the advantage of being up front for usually three tracks and then they're kicked out.

Basically though, I think she'd say that having the f1.8 really helped allow enough light in so that the shutter speed could be high and get a sharp photo. That's going to be the challenge with the superzooms, as you zoom in, many of them get "slower".
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Id just like a few decent shots, id be well happy with that!
    Next time Bon Jovi tours we have decided (ok, I have decided) that we are paying the extra and getting right up the front so i should have even more of a chance to get some good photos - providing ive made up my mind about a camera by then that is!

Post Thanks / Like
    kate

why not treat yourself to a DSLR, you wouldnt regret it, then as you say your current point and shoot takes good photos, just that it has a rubbish zoom.
    im really glad i bought mine, i have the std kit lens which is ok, but i would like to change that, i also have a biggish macro zoom for the close ups and it does get close up from a good distance away :D

keith id be interested to hear where you can get the 50mm prime lens for 50
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    After flicking through the argos book Mick i realised that the ones i was looking at are dslr cameras - just didnt know thats what they were called at the time!
    Husband is telling me i cant have one as they are too much money and its just a camera, but, i really like taking photos, i have some lovely ones that ive taken over the years and i just think id like a really good camera to take some "proper" ones!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 257207
    After flicking through the argos book Mick i realised that the ones i was looking at are dslr cameras - just didnt know thats what they were called at the time!
    Husband is telling me i cant have one as they are too much money and its just a camera, but, i really like taking photos, i have some lovely ones that ive taken over the years and i just think id like a really good camera to take some "proper" ones!
    well if you have a buget of 500 then that will get you one im sure. i struggled at forst to warrant paying 500 for a camera then another 160 for a biigish zoom, but im so glad i did. i will have a look and see if ive got a zoomed out and a zoomed in photo so you can see the difference in how close up you can get, but with more expensive zoom you can get even closer ;)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, dont know if its a good idea to show me that Mick - might mean i end up wanting one! DH will definately not be pleased if i spend more!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    heres 2 i found
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Any news from your friends yet Keith? Am getting quite excited about a decent camera!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast