Thread: captain's log soggy day 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you guesed it...rain. We made it to sci-fi dine in for lunch and then the rains came and came and came. So we pulled anchor thinking we would go swim (they closed the waterparks)...pool closed. I guess they follow suit with the waterparks and close fo lightning. We toured AKL for awhile talking to the safari guides was cool. Then the pool opened back up. By this time it was supper time so we wanted to try to get to Tortuga Tavern in MK. Getting pretty tired of mouse burgers by now. Well IT CLOSES AT 3:00. So we swing around to Pecos Bills. it was good. By now they were setting up ropes for the electric parade...wife's favorite. So we found a good spot and sat it out. Seemed like a wasted day till i realized, I'M NOT AT WORK. I have learned that to pack good ponchos (not the $9.00 Disney ponchos) and a good short umbrella.
    Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, even the worst rainy day is better there than the best day at work.

I also like to take a small umbrella. They really do come in handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry you got rained on..but it is true, I would rather be rained on at Disney than at home

I already got ponchos from the camping store for all of us, but I didn't really think about umbrellas. They have those tiny little ones that fit in your purse..hmm. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 256959
    I already got ponchos from the camping store for all of us, but I didn't really think about umbrellas. They have those tiny little ones that fit in your purse..hmm. Thanks
    That's what I have, a really tiny one and it really does help out. Sometimes you don't need the full on poncho, so the umbrella is a good, quick alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that during summer storms the umbrella doesn't help out that much with the heavy and sometimes blowing rain.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely agree, once it starts blowing and raining heavily the ponchos must be used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. I really dislike finding out that a place is closed for service midway through the day.

Sounds like you had a pretty decent day though, for all the rain! Ponchos are beyond handy, aren't they?

Even if you don't wear them all day, you still need them to sit on after the rain. The days of Disney CMs rushing out to dry off the seats and tables through out the parks after a rain are long gone.

We use umbrellas, but as Disneyfreak points out, only when they don't get turned inside out by the wind! I wear glasses and really, really, dislike not having an umbrella.

We've still got our old blue rainsuits! LOL. Anyone remember those stories? Haven't worn them in years, but keep them for hurricane gear.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle