Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas at Walt Disney World

In Neverland
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been twice, once before Christmas and then the other time we went before and during Christmas.

The decorations are lovely and the parade was good, but I didn't feel there was the "Christmas Spirit" I was really disappointed

The first time in 2003 was better than 2008, it just seemed as though Disney have cut back a lot.

I was ill as well, so that probably didn't help, but I was really disappointed.

I would be willing to try again, but Dh isn't so sure, maybe we will try Thanksgiving one year.

If I did go again for Christmas, I would probably move to the Grand Floridian on Christmas Eve for 3 days and then go back to the house. Who knows

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been going to Disney for Christmas for years . i stay in fort wilderness . The campers decorate there sites. Hard to believe they do a better job than Disney.If your there it well worth the trip over to see them

Post Thanks / Like
    We havent actually been there on "the" day, i think the crowds would really frustrate me - im not so good at queuing!! At the time of year we go we get all the christmassy stuff but without the crowds

15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Post Thanks / Like
    The attendance in the parks on Christmas day in particular is monumental. Truly shoulder to shoulder in some parks, like MK.

I don't know how anyone truly enjoys the attractions when it is so heavily attended. You are standing on line for two hours for Small World!

However, a little bit of it, an hour or two is truly fun, if you are ok with large LARGE groups of people. I like to mingle a bit, get a feel for it, people watch and then leave.

Truly, there is no point in having an agenda of things to do, or list of wants, or anything on that day. It's more a matter of, "if I can, I will, but I'll plan on not being able to!"

Going between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a great time to go to get the feel, but not have to deal with such large groups.

I find, living in Florida, that going to a Disney park during "the season" is instant Christmas Spirit. It took me years to get adjusted to not having a "northern" Christmas (weather wise, heck even clothing wise) but now I'm used to it.

Plus, if Christmas is religious to you in any way... how much snow was there in Bethlehem?
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Woodbridge, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    While we LOVE the Christmas season at WDW, I don't think we would ever actually be there over Christmas. Neither of us is that fond of large crowds. Braving EPCOT during F&W on a weekend is bad enough.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12