Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car hire - what size car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257717
    It's a full holiday thing, flight, hotel, car although the car is of course the most totally basic one with naff insurance. Hence I'd have to upgrade the car + insurance to use it.

Now, looking at the upgrade prices, I reckon I'd save about 100 doing the upgrade over just renting the car elsewhere. I'll have to do a proper comparison though to make sure thats the case
    thats a bit different then. its just cheaper getting flight, doing an FD as im sure your aware glad you must be happy with the cost, ive never ever been able to get a good VH deal. always getting everything separately myself is way cheaper
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257710
    we went with Slowhand's recommendation of a Dodge Charger in May and loved it, really did
    Oddly enough Keith, Dollar didn`t have any Chargers in their MCO outlet this time so we went for a Chevy Impala.
    I also noticed that when over there I saw very few Chargers on the road which makes me wonder if they have stopped making them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 257778
    Oddly enough Keith, Dollar didn`t have any Chargers in their MCO outlet this time so we went for a Chevy Impala.
    I also noticed that when over there I saw very few Chargers on the road which makes me wonder if they have stopped making them.
    yikes :/ what was the impala like compared to the charger?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257780
    yikes :/ what was the impala like compared to the charger?
    Performance & sizewise it was on a par, if anything the boot seemed a tad larger.
    It didn`t have that "aggressive" look of the Charger though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 257781
    Performance & sizewise it was on a par, if anything the boot seemed a tad larger.
    It didn`t have that "aggressive" look of the Charger though!
    yeah :/ completely know what you mean. I had a grin every time we walked back to the charger
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'll are funny about those Chargers! LOL. Impalas are nice cars too. I like them better than Chargers, but that's mostly because I've not ever been a fan of Dodge.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    They definitely have NOT stopped making the Charger. They have redesigned it slightly but not really enough to make a difference. From time to time the rental car companies switch who they are getting their cars from. I think the Impala is slightly larger than the Charger though.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure, but I think Dollar have been moving away from Dodge because they were too expensive.

We always had a Grand Cherokee but were told the time before last that they don't have them anymore as they were going with a different supplier Now whether this is true I don't know

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 257830
    They definitely have NOT stopped making the Charger. They have redesigned it slightly but not really enough to make a difference. From time to time the rental car companies switch who they are getting their cars from. I think the Impala is slightly larger than the Charger though.
    Thanks for that John.
    It was odd though as we seldom saw any Chargers on the roads over there, whereas last year it seemed as though every other car was a Charger!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it comes down to how many people you have in your party and how much you want to pay.If you are just going to the resort, where it will sit for the entire trip then why pay for more. However, if you are going to utilize it more often then I would go with something comfortable for your party.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12