Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car hire - what size car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy - how do I know what size car to order? are the small ones really really tiny?

I dont want to over do it but there are just so many choices?

Post Thanks / Like
    there are only 2 of us but we dont go for compact we go for econmy at least if we can we get bigger.
    we once got a compact and it was small and the engine was like a hairdryer we were so ashamed getting in it in the car lots but we did have a giggle about it

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it comes down to how many people you have in your party and how much you want to pay.

If you are just going to the resort, where it will sit for the entire trip then why pay for more. However, if you are going to utilize it more often then I would go with something comfortable for your party.

Post Thanks / Like
    definitely depends on how many in your party and how many cases you have. every car hire website will tell you how many cases a particular size car will take so id look and those for your particular party size, and case numbers
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    i like to be high up so its a personal choice an suv every time. although i always upgrade when im at the rental desk.

Post Thanks / Like
    In our case, the amount of luggage that we take [or rather the amount that my DW takes ] calls for a large boot [trunk] even though there are only the 2 of us.
    We therefore opt for a "Full Size 4 Door" car which swallows up the suitcases with ease and gives us a load of comfort on a day to day basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always have a SUV just for the two of us

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    we went with Slowhand's recommendation of a Dodge Charger in May and loved it, really did

The next time we'll have the car as part of virgin holidays who I think use alamo who in turn I dont think do dodge. So we'll have to choose something different :/ maybe an suv
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257710
    we went with Slowhand's recommendation of a Dodge Charger in May and loved it, really did

The next time we'll have the car as part of virgin holidays who I think use alamo who in turn I dont think do dodge. So we'll have to choose something different :/ maybe an suv
    are you doing a fly drive keith?...id leave the car from virgin imo. everyone says its cheaper to do a fly frive, leave their car and get your own, as they charge loads for the insurance for one
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 257716
    are you doing a fly drive keith?...id leave the car from virgin imo. everyone says its cheaper to do a fly frive, leave their car and get your own, as they charge loads for the insurance for one
    It's a full holiday thing, flight, hotel, car although the car is of course the most totally basic one with naff insurance. Hence I'd have to upgrade the car + insurance to use it.

Now, looking at the upgrade prices, I reckon I'd save about 100 doing the upgrade over just renting the car elsewhere. I'll have to do a proper comparison though to make sure thats the case
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast