Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions on beach club?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im guessing youve all stayed at the beach club?

someone help me out, whats it like? I kinda fancy it cos of its location next to epcot but then its expensive so whats in there to make it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never stayed at the Beach Club, but it is probably one of my favourite resorts :)

We been there lots of times and both myself and DH have said we would stay there if we ever stayed on site again (unless it was Christmas and then it would be the Grand Floridian)

I love the whole atmosphere of the place, if you have children it has a fantastic pool with a sandy bottom and there is easy access to the Boardwalk, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

It is expensive unless you can get a good rate, but I think it's worth the extra if you can afford it. A few years back I had the choice of staying at the Poly or the Beach Club, I chose the Poly and have regretted it ever since

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't stay there either, however, I would in a heartbeat if someone else is paying.

I think that the epcot resort area is the perfect, and I really do mean perfect location. Being able to walk or take a boat to 2 parks is fantastic. Also, the boardwalk is just a nice place to hang out in the evening.

I received a great rate at the Dolphin one year and jumped on it. While the Dolphin doesn't feel like Disney, I would stay again for the beds and the location.

It's true what realtors say: location, location, location.

Post Thanks / Like
    mmm yeah Im pondering a few days at Christmas I've never tried the beach club although I was disappointed by the yacht club so that's made me wary
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257251
    mmm yeah Im pondering a few days at Christmas I've never tried the beach club although I was disappointed by the yacht club so that's made me wary
    How come you were disappointed in the Yacht Club?

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't stayed at the Beach Club but have at the Yacht Club. We enjoyed the stay but felt the room was a bit small for a Deluxe. We overlooked Stormalong Bay, which in my opinion is one of the best arguments for staying at either. We normally prefer to save money on our room however, and normally stay at either a value or moderate (POR/POFQ)

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 257254
    How come you were disappointed in the Yacht Club?
    Well I always liked the look of it and the feel when we went there for dinner etc.

The room however was tiny, the window was totally covered by tree branches just cms away so literally couldnt see out of it and there was no FEEL to it. We came out from our room, downstairs and out, same on the way back in. So none of that GASP when you walk into the lobby of the animal kingdom lodge or wilderness lodge.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 257306
    Well I always liked the look of it and the feel when we went there for dinner etc.

The room however was tiny, the window was totally covered by tree branches just cms away so literally couldnt see out of it and there was no FEEL to it. We came out from our room, downstairs and out, same on the way back in. So none of that GASP when you walk into the lobby of the animal kingdom lodge or wilderness lodge.
    Oh, I get that. I would have been disappointed too. There is something to say about a nice view and walking into a lobby that is stunning.

Post Thanks / Like
    We love, love, love the Beach Club. It's our favorite resort (not to be confused with OKW as our favorite DVC resort).

It's closest to EPCOT, our favorite park. The CMs there really care about the quality of your stay (unlike those at the Boardwalk who seem to think you are bothering them) and will go out of their way to help you out.

We love the light and airy feel of the place. It is very evocative for me as it reminds me of the cottage in Maine where I once spent summers...

The restaurant is one of our favorites for character meal breakfasts and wonderful shellfish buffet.

The pool is the largest on property, with the sandy area for children, a deeper area with current for adults (and inner tube) the wicked slide! and just little nooks and crannys to soak along it. There is a hot tub, and a quiet pool as well.

It is now also a DVC resort, and that area is quite nice too, but we prefer the hotel proper.

Beaches and Cream is a fun little place for a quick lunch or yummy ice cream.

Martha's Vineyard is a lovely lounge area, nice for after or before dinner drinks. There is a boat rental area, and the friendship ferry runs to EPCOT or DHS. Although, the walk to EPCOT is very short, with a nice little pathway along the canal if you don't want to go up over the little hill.

They have a beach area with chairs and chaises (but do stay OUT of the lagoon water) and sometimes movies on the beach!

We don't care for the Yacht Club at all, as Keith has said too (but we love the Yachtsman's Steakhouse for dinner and the Crew's Cup lounge for drinks).

Oh, and Hurricane Hannah's is a fun little poolside snack bar.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there much of a centre to the beach club? like a lobby area ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast