Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did that happen? It's Friday again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, where do the days go. On one hand the hours seem to drag by, but then it's two weeks gone before you realize it.

Hoping everyone is having a great Friday and heading into a nice weekend. I've finally managed to book a hair appointment. I'm at least six weeks overdue for a haircut. You can only imagine how attractive my hair is by now. (No, really you can't)!

Sure wishing I could get some decent sleep. Any tips (that don't involve medication)?

Today is supposed to be the final shuttle launch. :( Not sure if it will happen though. Weather was terrible yesterday (heavy continuous downpour on the coast) but maybe there will be a break in it today just long enough to get her up.

Sad to see the whole shuttle program ending. Although there were two tragic shuttle flights, the program as a whole was not only good for NASA but good for the country, and global space exploration.

So many people are now going to lose their jobs. July 22 will be one of the biggest lay off days to date. :( It will be hard for many of them to find new work, as they are very specialized in what they do. Some will relocate to other areas of the country where their skills can be employed. Others will simply ... well, simply do what?

Hoping to work a massage into my weekend. An hour's worth of relaxation can't hurt, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    well i hope the days dont fly by tink as im on holiday until sept 7th i think, and want it to drag as slow as possible :)

i hear on the news that obama has said the space program is only on hold until the country is back on its feet, not totally cancelled so hopefully we can see the two new proposed rockets get the goahead and get build in the not too distant future. then as a race we get to go back to the moon, and maybe mars, how exciting that will be for the human race :) i cant wait :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a week past the date that our solicitor told us we'd be exchanging on the house, but we're still waiting....... Not been a good week...
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    This week has been pretty routine. Been shouted at snarled at, generally abused by random children. Oh and a 5 year old kicked me.

All in a day's work.

Adrian is taking his sister to see Take That tomorrow so it's a weekend of quality Mummy and Steven time. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    For whatever reason it seems to have been a long week for me, no idea why. I hope to have a lie in tomorrow....we'll see!

On Sunday I am doing Race for Life for the first time with 9 other girlies, walking I should think rather than running!

Other than that, nothing planned.

Tink I hope you manage to fit in a massage

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a good week, Take that was amazing on Tuesday, quietish weekend, going to a 40th birthday party tomorrow night, someone I haven't seen for 22 years.....yikes! And it's 6 weeks to my holiday ......I'm going to explode soon!

Tink....what about reflexology or getting your masseuse to use some relaxing essential oils?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these short work weeks!

Tink, try eating about 1-2 ounces of almonds before bed. They contain magnesium which promotes both sleep and muscle relaxation. Not to mention they are healthy for you and stabilize your blood sugar during sleep. All this also helps switch your body from your alert adrenaline cycle to your rest-and-digest cycle.

Magnesium is the key so you could also try a banana.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 257609
    I love these short work weeks!

Tink, try eating about 1-2 ounces of almonds before bed. They contain magnesium which promotes both sleep and muscle relaxation. Not to mention they are healthy for you and stabilize your blood sugar during sleep. All this also helps switch your body from your alert adrenaline cycle to your rest-and-digest cycle.

Magnesium is the key so you could also try a banana.
    This is very interesting as both Jai and I are terrible sleepers - I would love to be able to fall asleep nicely and stay asleep for a few hours.

Week has been normal, started new hopurs at work so instead of doing 12.5 I am now doing 20 and I am easing myself into becoming involved in running our Pre school so it's interesting tomes for me.

This weekend we have Jai's niece's engagement ( I'm not wearing a sari for this one but have bought a nice dress) will try to put some pictures on here (or maybe Facebook)

Tink, I hope you get some sleep and that your haircut is stylish and lovely looking.

I'd love a massage but will wait until I get to Fl as Jai usually treats me to a spa day when we're there

Have a good one everyone

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 257619
    This is very interesting as both Jai and I are terrible sleepers - I would love to be able to fall asleep nicely and stay asleep for a few hours.
    Sandra, a couple of other things I do is make sure I don't eat a meal after 8pm (go to bed between 10-11) and the only liquid I drink after 8pm is water. I then usually have a few almonds about 30-60 minutes before I go to sleep.

Give it a try. Remember it's all about getting your body into habits so it may not work the first few nights. Once you get into the routine it hopefully will help.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    hugs to all of us terrible sleepers. I will give the almonds a try! Tink have you tried Sleepy Time Extra? The tea tastes good and does relax you a little, try that with a handful of almonds! I love getting my hair done, I find that relaxing especially if they use Lavender mint TeaTree shampoo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast